10 replies to this topic

#1 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
  • 550 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

We were going to do a simple invite, just something on white very basic because we put so much into everything else - newsletters, save the dates, and the wedding itself. But now, the more I think about it, the more I want pretty invitations - maybe something along the oliostyle ones or something. Because we were doing simple, I wasn't worried about printing, can have them done local within 7 days. Now, I'm concerned, because I would like to have them postal by the end of February - have I waited too long?
Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
June 23, 2007
Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:50 PM

I don't think you've waited too long, especially if you are willing to send them a little later than planned. I mean, you not getting married for more than 4 months, so what's a few weeks? That just my opinion, but I didn't send my invites until the 2nd week of January - so approx 2 months before the wedding.

May I ask why you feel like you need to send them so early?

#3 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
    • 550 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
    • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
    • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

I would like to send them early for 2 main reasons, we have a couple of people still on the fence and we loose our room block on April 15th, so if they are going, I would like them to make their reservastions before then. And I have the next edition of our newsletter ready to go, so I was just going to make a packet out of it and send the invites along with the newsletters. I'm guessing that 03/15 would still be plenty of time. That would be about 3 months out from the wedding.
    Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
    June 23, 2007
    Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
    Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#4 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

They honestly have some decent DIY sets in the stores. they come with vellum and bows. What about doing something like that so you can get them out sooner?
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:05 PM

I think you still have time. I may use this vendor for blank invites, they have those quite pocketfold inivites for a very cheap price. Here is the info on their shipping time.

Designs from InvitationPaper.com

Depending on your location and where the items ship from, your product should be delivered to
      you within 1 to 7 days by ups ground at a flat rate of $7.95. You do have the option of UPS air
      upon checkout. Orders in by 12 noon central time should ship the same day. There is no
      guarantee based on product availability. We will try to notify you of delays over 24 hours. Orders
      over the weekend do not ship until the next open business day.

#6 aimee

aimee
      • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

I don't think you're too late. If you want to do somthing different with your invitations then go for it!

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

My wedding is before yours and we haven't ordered ours yet either - I think it's fine - though we do need to get on it!
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

I'm getting married the same day as you, Stephanie. I'm planning to send my invites out on March 1st. My room block is going to be released on 3/21. I figured 3 weeks will be long enough for people to decide whether or not they are going to book. I wanted to send them even earlier, but then it just seemed too early.

I didn't order my invites...I'm making my own, so I'm not much help on the printing timeline.
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:04 AM

Ummm, yeah- this reminds me that I need to do my invitations! My wedding is in 3 months and I haven't even started yet...Yikes!

#10 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

It definitly doesnt sound like its to late. I can definitly understand the feeling of needing to get them out ASAP, but like Christa said a week or two or even three's difference probably wont be a big deal. Ecspecially if you have allready done STD's. People know they are coming its not like it will be a big surprise. :)
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users