Sign in to follow this  
mshun

My Tropical wedding help!!!

Hello everyone! My name is Danielle and i am getting married this November in mexico i am having a hard time deciding on a property for so many reasons. I have been to mexico many times i have stayed in nice hotels in cancun, playa del carmen, Myan Rivera. I got a chance to stay one night in the moon palace golf resort and spa when i was vacationing last October in Cancun our flight was delayed and they put us up there for one night and both me and my fiance said "this is where we are going to get married" My big thing is i want to get married on the beach, my sister got married in playa del carmen in Oct 05 and she married in a little balcony in the hotel where you could see the ocean but it was quite far seeing how the beach and bars and chairs were all in front of the ocean as well. The problem i have been reading is that people have been saying that the beach at the moon palace has been less than appealing. And that is so important to my wedding day, in my short stay of one day at the moon palace the property, resturants, rooms were amazing but i never went down to the beach, i just find it hard to believe that the water and beach can be so differnt in the cancun hotel zone and in the myan and playa when they are so close!!! Please help!! Where should i get married? Has anyone married at the moon palace? On the beach? I would also appreciate recomendations to any other hotels. One other huge important factor to me is my photographer, i dont want to get a cheezy in house one that charges and arm and a leg, those pictures are going to be my memories for the rest of my life. Thank you!

welcome3.gif Danielle!! have u considered Cabo at all?? I know we have a moon palace bride on here maybe she would be able to answer ur question a bit better...or have u looked into secrets excellence mayan riviera or capri excellence? i know the have a beautiful beach

btw did u email me today?? i just recognized the namecheesy.gif

I tried emailing u back with a response to ur questions but it wouldn't deliver the message

Welcome!!!

I hope you will have a chance to check out all of our Mexico Wedding Information to help you decide. Please let us know how your search is going.

Welcome!

I'm getting married in Cabo, so I'm not much help with info on Cancun. But let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Like Edyta said, there is another Moon Palace Bride on here...but I can't remember who she is at the moment.

Andreslove ~ Lenita is getting married there in early March and

Onelove ~Andrea is also getting married there (in Oct. I think).

Have you seen this thread about a review on the Moon Palace? http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t1393 It might help you. Here is another one with pricing info, etc. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t8 ....hope this helps

If the property is pretty enough for your ceremony, maybe you could do some pics before or after your wedding somewhere else. Doing a "day after" session is really popular. It's a really fun thing to do. Plus, you don't have people waiting on you (at the reception) so you have lots of time and you can have fun in your dress without worrying about getting it dirty.

:)

Welcome!!!!

You will find lots of helpful information here.....and everyone is very willing to help in any way!

About Moon Palace....My fiance and I went on a scouting trip to moon Palace last August and we decided against it for the same reasons that you are worried about. THE BEACH! The property was beautiful (a little spread out for me, and my guest) and the staff was wondeful! Like the last post said....if you really like the property, then go somewhere else for pictures and such....

We are getting married at Dreams Cancun in October...Let me know if I can help in any way!!!!

Good luck!

Hi Danielle!! welcome!!

I just checked the moon palace on trip advisor and honestly the beach looks just great, here are some pictures (from actual travelers)

Click the image to open in full size.