Photo

Why is my thread never in the new posts section?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 monicaswave

monicaswave
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

Guys,

Why is it that when I try to post something new my thread never comes out in the new posts section? Also, other titles are in bold letters and mine is not. I know that you can change to bold when you are typing by putting [/B] but I think I may be posting mine wrong. If I want to post something new don't you just go to the correct subject and click on "post new thread?"

Thanks! I'm still a bit lost around here.

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

they are in bold if you haven't read them, also are you sure you don't have your settings to show older posts first in each section, I have accidentally clicked on it to sort older posts first before.
    Can you tell me what post you are speaking about?
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

If you were the last person to post then the title won't come up in bold or as a new unread. It will only appear in bold and as unread if someone responds to your post. Does that make sense?

#4 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

Exactly what Glenda said.. your post won't show up in the new posts until someone responds to it after you..

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

ok, i've also wondered this but just assumed that even tho it's a new THREAD, it wont show up when you click Unread Posts because there are no POSTS in it yet, KWIM?

also, some people prefer to keep clicking on unread posts, whereas others prefer to go to the main page and look at each individual section, and yet others have different ways as well.
        i am a "unread posts" clicker, myself, unless i'm searching for something specific.

#6 monicaswave

monicaswave
        • 450 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christine
          they are in bold if you haven't read them, also are you sure you don't have your settings to show older posts first in each section, I have accidentally clicked on it to sort older posts first before.
          Can you tell me what post you are speaking about?
          Christine,

Thank you for your help. I don't remember any specific post right now but I now that usually when I do post a new thread I will try to find it in the new posts section and I can't find it. I will check the sort order too. When I post a new thread and I can't find it again I will let you know. I appreciate all the help :) YOU ROCK!

#7 monicaswave

monicaswave
          • 450 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
            If you were the last person to post then the title won't come up in bold or as a new unread. It will only appear in bold and as unread if someone responds to your post. Does that make sense?
            I got it! Thanks :)

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

as soon as someone posts in it, it will show as new to you (and bold)

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

Ditto...also if you go to quick links in the upper right, then show today's posts, it will be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users