Sign in to follow this  
Michelle&Steve

card holders?

i was just thinking of what people do with the cards if people bring them to the receptioon? is anyone getting a cardholder and bringing it with them? i know some people end up brining envelopes and i wouldnt want to misplace them...

I am struggling with this also. I wonder if DC has one we could rent. I dont want to drag one down there but I agree dont want anything to get lost. Even though we dont want gifts I am sure people will bring them.

for our at home wedding we are going to have a big sombrero, you know how the big wide brim rolls upwards? we're going to put a few "sample" envelopes in it, like with our names written on it, so people know what it's for. does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
for our at home wedding we are going to have a big sombrero, you know how the big wide brim rolls upwards? we're going to put a few "sample" envelopes in it, like with our names written on it, so people know what it's for. does that make sense?
That's a great idea Abbie! I always think that is why the deli i go to has money in the tip jar -- it's always theirs!!!

Are you looking for something like the "Birdcage" Click the image to open in full size.to hold the cards?

How about a bag like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

I personally like the bag better and its easier to travel with??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
What a cute idea! Go Abbie! cheer2.gif

I would definitely recommend bringing some kind of holder or card bag (that may be easier to pack). We didn't bring anything like this and we wish we would have!!

We're bringing this trunk down with us for cards:

Click the image to open in full size.

It's not too big - just large enough to fit a piece of paper - and we'll fill it with stuff in our suitcase so as not to take up much extra room.

thanks guys.. those were great suggestions.. i wonder if dreams does ahve something we can use.. ill have to write that down as one of the questions to ask claudia during our site visit.. ;-)

otherwise i guess ill just have to pack somehting that doesnt take up too much room