Photo

Honeymoon in Punta Cana- what do you think?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Neema29

Neema29
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hello fellow BDW brides....
    I have a dilemma. I may have to change my honeymoon spot from St Lucia to Punta Cana due to a flight scheduling conflict. I would like to get your opinions on the best place to stay for a honeymoon in Punta cana. I have stayed at sandals before and loved the experience. Any suggestions girls?

#2 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:34 PM

Oh, that's too bad you can't go to St. Lucia. It's such a difficult island to travel to/from sometimes. (Just out of curiosity, did Delta change their schedule or something?)

We're planning to have our honeymoom at Excellence Resorts in Punta Cana. It's AI and adults only. I find Expedia has a good amount of information in them.

#3 Neema29

Neema29
      • 116 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

Yeah I know it sucks.....We actually were flying Air Jamaica and they cancelled their direct flights from Jamaica to St.Lucia and the substitue has us changing planes 3 times before getting there(I am worried about that). Arrggghh! My travel agent actually suggested Excellence as an option. We will also see if we can come back to Atlanta for 1 night then take Delta to St.Lucia, but we would have to change our days in St.Lucia by 1 day and I am not sure if the Sandals could accomadate the extra day...we will have to see. Keep your fiingers crossed for me! Thanksfor the info regarding Excellence.

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

My cousin honeymooned at the Secrets Excellence in PC and she really like it. Tami just got back from her honeymoon at the Paradisus Palma Real, she'll probably put a review up soon.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

I'm planning to honeymoon at Excellence...its adults only and it looks amazing. Good luck deciding :)

#6 jhildebr

jhildebr
            • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

I know several ppl who are well travelled and have been to the Excellence more than once and have never had anything bad to say about it. I trust that this is an "excellent" resort and in fact I am highly considering it for my destination wedding.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want some nightlife ... I would recommend Paradisus Punta Cana (where we got married) and getting the Royal Service. It was a BLAST!

Our honeymoon was at Paradisus Palma Real and it was very luxurious and relaxing, but not much in the way of nightlife.

Either of those resorts, I highly recommend the Royal Service. It made a world of difference on our honeymoon, for sure! :-)

I don't know about Excellence, but I'm sure it rocks!

#8 Copita

Copita
                • 979 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Neema29
                  Hello fellow BDW brides....
                  I have a dilemma. I may have to change my honeymoon spot from St Lucia to Punta Cana due to a flight scheduling conflict. I would like to get your opinions on the best place to stay for a honeymoon in Punta cana. I have stayed at sandals before and loved the experience. Any suggestions girls?
                  Hey chica!
                  PC has a lot of great resorts.
                  I am an Iberostar chain aficionado myself (and bride, lol), and have stayed at the Riu (another great chain) and would recommend the Paradisus, Majestic and Palace jsut from what others have said.

Love your dress in that pic by the way :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users