Photo

can all-inclusive food actually be GOOD?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

we stayed at an AI for our honeymoon and the food was great. These people are catering to tourists and that is one of the main things that people want on a vacation is good food.
If you are that concerned you should really consider a site visit. If you work with a TA sometimes they can get you a free site visit based on your room block.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#12 alex

alex
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brittbrowne
    That would be great, how lucky! I was also wondering if the reservation system was annoying, and particularly if they had trouble getting into the a la carte restauraunts?

Thanks so much for the help!
    I spoke to Mats Mom tonight & she said the food at the H10 was incredible!!! (exact quote) I believe they stayed at the H10 Mayan somethingorother. She's a wonderful cook & has great taste. she told me that they actually preferred the buffet restaraunt so I didn't get any info on the a la carte bookings or anything. But if she says the food was good, then I definately believe her cause this woman knows her food! :)

#13 srbina

srbina
    • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Hello fellow SF brides! You two are the first I've stumbled across so far. Just wanted to say hi! :)

#14 brittbrowne

brittbrowne
      • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by xandrafaye
        I spoke to Mats Mom tonight & she said the food at the H10 was incredible!!! (exact quote) I believe they stayed at the H10 Mayan somethingorother. She's a wonderful cook & has great taste. she told me that they actually preferred the buffet restaraunt so I didn't get any info on the a la carte bookings or anything. But if she says the food was good, then I definately believe her cause this woman knows her food! :)

That's really great news. I've heard a few mixed reviews on trip advisor, so that is very reassuring.

I've tried to contact the wedding planner there (she's off today, as I guess most wedding planners are), and hopefully after I see their banquet menus I'll have even more confidence in the resorts cuisine.

Thanks again!
        Aaron & Brittany
        ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#15 brittbrowne

brittbrowne
        • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by srbina
          Hello fellow SF brides! You two are the first I've stumbled across so far. Just wanted to say hi! :)
          Hello fellow SF bride! Good luck with your planning!
          Aaron & Brittany
          ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#16 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:12 AM

i'm in san francisco too...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

Our resort wasn't in RM but in Cancun but it was an allinclusive. The food was GREAT! It was better at the places that had a "set" menu - meaning they brought out a menu with a few choices that you could choose from. And everything was good everywhere but if the meat is def. different. I am used to good ole iowa steaks so the steak was a little different in cancun - but all in all I would say the food was excellent!

#18 dancingdolphin

dancingdolphin
            • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

I haven't been to an AI in Mexico, but the places I have been to have had great food. You can get a good idea about the resort by reading Trip Advisor. Just keep in mind that there will be negative things about all resorts and don't discredit a resort by a few bad reviews as people have different expectations.

#19 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by brittbrowne
                That's really great news. I've heard a few mixed reviews on trip advisor, so that is very reassuring.
                Tripadvisor BASHED my resort after we booked. My guests and myself were so scared to go. Once we got there, the food was incredible. I'm not sure what everyone was talking about on tripadvisor. I'm a picky eater too!

I can't recommend anything about your resort, but I just wouldn't put a lot of stake into what tripadvisor says. Just look at the candid pics- it gives you a better idea of what the resort looks like rather than the resorts pro photos. :)
                Happily married since 2008

#20 emandom

emandom
                • 37 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

Food at The Moon Palace were we got married was very good. Definately better than the AI i have previosly visited. Food at El Dorado Royale was even better. Let me know if you want any more details-PM me
                  EmX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users