Official "LOST" Thread (TV Show)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

I did too! I loved Charlie. I was so upset when they killed him off. I thought for sure he would stay. He is married to Kate in real life isn't he?

#42 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

omg the last episode was sooooooooooooooo good!!! I'm so confused.. how can Jack's dad be everywhere? I never thought he was dead from day one when his coffin opened and nothing was in there.. but still. AHHH So now is he the one behind all this or is Penny's dad?

#43 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Heidi - interesting reading. We used to laugh in college that you could make anything academic. I had a friend in a PhD program that presented a paper on the philosophical connections of the first season of Lost from various perspectives - Locke, Sartre, Ibsen, etc.

The man at that assisted the older John at the hospital was the same one who visited Hurley at the institution and was questioning him about flight 815.

#44 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
        • VIP Member
        • 4,116 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Heidi - you totally got me hooked on that guys EW review each week since the first time you posted about it on here! I've been reading it ever since. :-) Good find!

I had to avoid this thread for a few days 'til I could watch the episode. (damn hormones got me all sleepy! I fell asleep like 10 minutes into it! lol!) Anyway, I absolutely think Claire is dead. partly because that's the only way she'd let someone other than herself take care of Aaron. And because of that whole thing w/ Miles (the guy from the boat) being so weirded out/obsessed with her. Since he hears/sees dead people it kinda makes sense that way.

I'm still not sure what to make of Christian Shepherd's involvment in this whole thing. I can't decide if he's one of the "evil masterminds" a la Ben and Widmore or what!

This whole thing about moving the Island is nuts! I think that theory on the EW review is a good one though. About how the wreckage may actually be of the real plane if the Island moves not only locations but time as well. AND that would make sense that the Oceanic Six can't get back to it, why Jack keeps flying to AUS and back hoping to crash there again.. .why Jin and Sun are separated and can't get back together...why the Six would have to be carefully coached on what to say/not say about the Island...their guilt about the whole experience. . .Hurley's "craziness" thinking various people don't exist/are dead etc.

The whole thing is almost starting to play out like some freaky, cosmic, time travel chess game! lol! And now I'm wondering, are Ben and Widmore the only ones "in charge"? Who else knows about all this? And seriously what is the deal w/ the perma-young guy who is EVERYwhere!?! At Locke's birth, at his foster home, meeting Ben on the Island, recruiting Juliet blah blah blah. For being so nearly omniscient, they sure haven't made him seem very important - yet he's obviously VERY involved. Who's he working for? Are Widmore and Ben playing into HIS game and just think they're doing their own things?

omg...so many questions!!! loL! LOVE this show!

#45 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Did anyone see Kate on the Jay Leno show last night? She is super cute.

#46 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kat81
              Did anyone see Kate on the Jay Leno show last night? She is super cute.
              aww I wish I saw that. btw, she's not married to Charlie in real life.. I think they broke up already

#47 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JennyK
                aww I wish I saw that. btw, she's not married to Charlie in real life.. I think they broke up already
                Hmmm I wonder if that is why he left the show

#48 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
                  Hmmm I wonder if that is why he left the show
                  i doubt it.. I mean technically he hasn't "left". He's Hurley's ghostly friend :)

#49 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JennyK
                    i doubt it.. I mean technically he hasn't "left". He's Hurley's ghostly friend :)
                    Very true. Which is kinda creepy. I was actually getting the chills during the last episode.

#50 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
                      Very true. Which is kinda creepy. I was actually getting the chills during the last episode.
                      yea how good is Lost though.. this show is just so crazy and deep now. I'm gonna mourn the day it's all over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users