Sign in to follow this  
Karen

Ever meet someone famous?

What famous person did you meet? Were they nice? What happened?

I'll have to live vicariously through all of you. The closest I ever came to meeting someone famous was when I was 16 or 17. I was standing outside the backstage door after an Alice Cooper concert. I was a bit of a metalhead back then, big teased hair and all. Alice got on his tour bus, put his hand on the windshield and motioned for me to put my hand where his was on my side of the windsheild and I did. Teenage me was so happy. Thirty something me is thinking this may also qualify as one of the corniest times of my life.

I met several of the Lions and Redwings players, ok not really "famous" but kindof.. lol

I also went to a Maxim party a few years ago and several famous people were there, Mike tyson being one of them.. lol

oh good question, well how famous?

I went to high school my senior year in LA so we went to school with a few "famous" people, but no one really super famous. I have seen quite a few people also, I saw Geena Davis on the Santa Monica promenade one day, she was literally walking right next to me, that was pretty cool.

Last summer DH and I got to go to a Nats game and met Ryan Church (Nats) and Corky Miller (Braves) on the field because they went to DH's university and it was an alumni event, that was pretty cool.

I can't think of anything else specifically, oh except a ton of my sorority sisters were in MTV reality shows and one of the girls actually had a pretty big part in Bring it On and a small role on Titanic, so I guess she was famous to us.

In High School my choir sang at the white house and I met Ronald and Nancy Reagan. (showing my age) I met Carl Reeves (superman) singing with my choir for an AIDS concert (B4 I knew really what it was) I had the honor of being Busta Rhymes assistant because he performed at the Phila Greek picnic and I was in charge of entertainment. Eric Robinson I went to school with him (R&B singer) and my idol Patti Labelle my choir sang for her induction into hall of fame

Can you tell I loved my choir.

Oh Christine you reminded me of another, remember that little boy Joey C that used to appear on the stage with Kid Rock? I went to High School with him, he was one year behind me, he was very protected by senoirs

Catherine did you mean Chris Reeves, the one who died a few years ago?

I waited on John Mahoney during college. I didn't even know who he was until everyone I worked with kept saying do you know who is at your table? I answered some old guy. Then they told me he played the father of Frasier on his show. I rarely watched TV at that time so I had no clue. He gave me a really good tip. My neighbor went to school with Anna Chlumsky (she was in MY Girl), but had never met her. Then when I was working at the zoo in HS she had a job there too as she was trying to be just a normal teenager. She was really nice. That's all, nothing too exciting.

I've met quite a few "famous" people because of my job. I have contracts with the orchestra and the private airports to provide food for their celebrity clients/guests performers/passengers.

I LOVED Tony Bennet. He was the nicest man ever! Dionne Warwick was a total bitch and totally cracked out.

I met Bill Clinton in high school and he is SO charismatic! I also made the desserts and acted as sous-chef for a private dinner for John Grisham. That was pretty cool too. Every year since then, I"m on his list for an autographed copy whenever a new book comes out.

My food has met more people than me. Usually I deliver, especially to the planes, before the celeb is there. They usually just wait at the hotel or somewhere until the plane is ready for take-off.