Irish Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 Autumn

Autumn
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

welcome, Lenore and congrats!!
    what part of Ireland are you from? I spent a season living/working in Lisdoonvarna in Co Clare and absolutely loved it!

#12 tlomlad

tlomlad
    • Banned
    • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

congrats and happy planning!

#13 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
      • 815 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Welcome to the forum! Congrats!
        http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#14 townie princess

townie princess
        • 298 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:41 PM

Welcome to the forum - you'll find lots of help on here!

I wasn't born in Ireland, but my father was from Cork and I have family in Tipperary (sp?). (not sure if you're from the same areas or not).

Sorcha

#15 roo66

roo66
          • 1,001 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

hi there my dad is from kilrush co clare ireland.i remember as a child driving through tipperrary to reach kilrush it was a long trip with four of us sqwished in the back of the car.we actually can do the trip in about 10 hours .my dad could drag it out to 23/24 errr.we were planning on taking all the family with us for dw wedding as we both have been married before.fI spoke up last nite and announced that he would prefer to go it alone to avoid it turning into a holiday for everyone and not us.i had to agree so no irish traditions for us.i have to say the irish throw a good wedding .last year my cousin married a beautiful girl from new york.now that was the best wedding ever.i dont know if she ever came on here an irish/italian/new york wedding is very hard to beat.

#16 shellb

shellb
            • 533 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

Welcome to the forum and Happy Planning! You'll find tons of info on here.

#17 irishpocahontas

irishpocahontas
              • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hey thanks for the message - I am from Cork way down south! Been to Clare thats a lovely spot!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by roo66
                hi there, welcome and happy planning.what part of ireland are you from my parents live on the west coast of clare

#18 irishpocahontas

irishpocahontas
                • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hey thanks for the message - I am from Cork way down south, Ive been to Clare its really nice.

#19 irishpocahontas

irishpocahontas
                  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

I hope so its a bit overwhelming and confusing to find your way around at first :-/ but I guess Im new to all of this!

#20 irishpocahontas

irishpocahontas
                    • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

I know I was at a NY wedding about 2 years ago and it was the best wedding Ive been to so far. Was at another wedding 3 wks ago my fiances sister got married in Spain so that was really nice and just made me want to go away for a destination wedding even more. Its just so expensive to get married in Ireland now! I got engaged in NY - I love NY Im surprised Im not getting married there!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by roo66
                      hi there my dad is from kilrush co clare ireland.i remember as a child driving through tipperrary to reach kilrush it was a long trip with four of us sqwished in the back of the car.we actually can do the trip in about 10 hours .my dad could drag it out to 23/24 errr.we were planning on taking all the family with us for dw wedding as we both have been married before.fI spoke up last nite and announced that he would prefer to go it alone to avoid it turning into a holiday for everyone and not us.i had to agree so no irish traditions for us.i have to say the irish throw a good wedding .last year my cousin married a beautiful girl from new york.now that was the best wedding ever.i dont know if she ever came on here an irish/italian/new york wedding is very hard to beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users