I hate writing papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoWife View Post
Thanks! Your paper sounds very interesting! Mine is for my practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis. I have to pick a case study I have been working on all semester (for me it's a student in the class I work in but it depends where you work it could be a client or patient). You of course don't use actual names. Anyway I have to operationally define his problem behavior(s). research effective interventions in peer reviewed journals. Come up with my own intervention that is backed up by this research and present it as a behavior support plan complete with baseline and intervention data and graphs. It's pretty interesting and hopefully it helps the student too. Just kinda tedious to do all the research but my husband just made a deal with me..if I get through 3 more journal articles and write their reviews he will take me shopping at Target, yay!
Hope everything is going well with your paper!
That sounds like a cool topic. How sweet of your hubby to motivate you like that.

Got one more page out of the way... only 4-5 left cheesy.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrote 2 more pages today - 5 pages down! I just need 1 more page for Economics, 1 for Government and 1 for the Integration. I really need to get the Economics and Government sections complete today because I have no clue how to go about the Integration section and I have to work with my teacher over email to try and get it figured out...

Oh, and I need some time to go to the Writing Center to have them check my APA format. I've always written papers in MLA style.

Does your school have an account with RefWorks or Endnotes? If they do, learn how to use it quick. It will literally put your works citied together for you in the click of a button ok maybe two clicks but super easy. All you have to do is export the reference you are citing from into either one and the system will store it for you. This is especially great if you are looking through online journals or google.scholar sites. Then when you are ready to create the works cited click on create a works cited and tell it what style and Vola! You have all of your citations in word.

I just found out about this like two months ago. I really wish I would have known about it sooner because it would have saved me tons of hours of work. And I was impressed it had every imaginable type of citation you could think of. I am majoring in Wildlife Management. Not the most common field and they had all of the formats for the Journal of Wildlife Management, Journal of Mammalogy, Auk, and a bunch of other ones I didn't even know existed. Lots of journal formats for Drs. and Lawyers, everything.

Mel - I am not sure. I know a couple years ago we were given a free trial to a site similar to what you're talking about here. I have a handy little APA book and have already sited almost all my sources but that would've definitely come in handy!!!

On another note I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I tried REALLY hard last night to re-read the book and class notes on Integration (the part I'm having so much trouble on). I emailed my teacher my thoughts last night and here was her response:

Jaime,

This is excellent! If you can find a way to bridge these terms (either one or both deficit and value) so that it sheds new light on the problem of disease and airline travel, then you have more than satisfactorily integrated these disciplines! I think you are one of only a few who are making a real effort at trying to integrate according to the techniques I taught (and that are in Repko's book).

I am so glad to see you working at achieving integration and I assure you that at this level (this is an INTRO. class) just working at it and trying your best to make sense of these terms and how they work with and/or against one another in relation to the problem will get you a favorable score on the integration portion of the rubric.

You're doing well, so I don't want to derail your efforts by making suggestions other than keep going down the path you're on and I think you'll discover some interesting ways of seeing the problem in light of how these concepts interplay with one another.

I'm happy to help if you have other questions or feel that you need more direction. Just let me know.

Best,

C. Romeo

elefant.gif cheer2.gif elefant.gif

Ahhhh I am so excited I just finished my Rough Draft - 11 pages with the References List. I worked SO hard on this paper and my teacher knows it! She is not one to give complements but I think I am the only one who has actually gotten the point of Integration ~ btw in our book it has a quote from a grad student at HARVARD saying that Integration is extremely difficult for any undergraduate student. Well, my teacher says I GOT IT!!! and she said she "is so proud of me ;-)"

punk.gif punk.gif punk.gif

The final paper is due tomorrow. I'm printing it out right now to take to the Writing Center to have them look over my APA format and see if they catch any general errors but then I should be finished pinkie.gif

OH and by the way I gave myself a freaking ULCER over this paper!!! wtf.gif

I am soooo happy it's almost complete! :)