Photo

Happy Earth Day!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

check out these links to see what you can do today and forever to help preserve the earth and maybe to undo some of the environmental damage we have been imposing on our Earth!

Earth Day 2008 - April 22 - Celebrate Earth Day 2008 with our Earth Day Activities

Earth Day | US EPA

EARTH DAY, APRIL 22nd, 2008

Earth Day 2008: Crafts, Environmental Games, and Recycling Activities for Kids - Kaboose.com (here are some Earth Day Crafts for kids and for you teachers)

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:49 AM

i love earth day- thanks for those links!

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

oh yes I need to remember to do my extra credit assignment today..I did it last week with my virtual high school class,
      this is a personal emissions calculator.
      Personal Emissions Calculator | Climate Change - What You Can Do | U.S. EPA

41,500 pounds is about average in the United States for a household of two people over a year.

27,491 is my number. Since we live in a metropolitan area, my husband takes the metro and we only have one car. I do drive an SUV but its a smaller SUV and I live within 10 miles of work, so I guess that saves me.

I need to recycle more, but since I just moved I haven't gotten new bins yet.

We recently replaced most of our light bulbs with the spiral energy efficient ones, and try to keep the temps down in the house so we aren't wasting on the heating bill.

so what's your carbon footprint?

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

yay earth! have a happy day!

#5 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Lol, my company is celebrating Earth Day today, by having all of us sign a 'contract with the Earth'. However, they printed out the contract for each and every employee in the company!!!

Happy Earth Day :~)
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#6 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

Christina that's funny-I just gave my kids a practice AP Exam and they all asked why we weren't doing it on the computer and why did I waste all this paper on earth day-oops, at least I only made a class set.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

I love that - contract with the Earth, printed out for every employee. DRRR!

I feel good about my carbon foot print since we were very conscious (ok I was) about making our home Energy Star compliant. Based on the calculator Christine posted, our household carbon emissions (for 3 people) is 32,848 lbs per year.

My yoga studio was giving away baby Douglas Fir trees last night in celebration of Earth Day. I brought one home & hubby was like "we live in the great northwest - do we really need another tree?" Yes dahling, we do!

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

We are celebrating earth day here at the hospital, we have vendors and all here....

#9 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

I love Earth Day!!!

#10 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Here is my favorite link:

Ocean Conservancy: Make Waves on Earth Day

The ocean is such an incredible treasure we need to preserve it and its beauty! Happy Earth Day everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users