Photo

Reception Help - Open Bar Question?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 allaboutodd

allaboutodd
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

I have seen a lot of people discussing the amount they paid for an open bar? For Riu resorts, do you still have to pay an open bar fee if all of the guests are staying at the resort? That seems silly to me seeing that the resort is all-inclusive as is.. Anyone help please?
    http://i299.photobuc....allpicture.jpg

..Danny and Odyssey..
    ..December 12, 2008..

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

I cannot speak for the Riu, but most places charge about $10 per person for open bar because they have to transport all of the stuff to your location instead of using the big public bars.

Check too, because at my resort they do beer and wine for free but consider the open bar to have beer, wine, and spirits.

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

It is $10 per person at the RIU Ocho Rios. I believe that the cost is b/c the bar would not normally be open during the time that I'm using it, so they need to bring in bartenders, set up the space, etc.

#4 allaboutodd

allaboutodd
        • 43 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Thanks guys.. I was wondering about that. We're tryin to make this as cost efficient as possible but considering how much you pay for a typical wedding. I would say $10 a person is not so bad.
          http://i299.photobuc....allpicture.jpg

..Danny and Odyssey..
          ..December 12, 2008..

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

If you choose to the rent the disco you don't have to pay for the open bar, the $250 includes the bartender and DJ.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#6 DLyteful

DLyteful
            • 879 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by twelve_piece
              If you choose to the rent the disco you don't have to pay for the open bar, the $250 includes the bartender and DJ.
              That saves a ton of money... although dancing on the beach sounds so fun....

Twelve piece how was the weather after 8pm on the beach? Oh, and how did you end up wearing your hair and did it hold up? (I was gonna try to hold off on the questions after your review, but I just couldnt stop myself).

#7 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DLyteful
                That saves a ton of money... although dancing on the beach sounds so fun....

Twelve piece how was the weather after 8pm on the beach? Oh, and how did you end up wearing your hair and did it hold up? (I was gonna try to hold off on the questions after your review, but I just couldnt stop myself).
                It gets a little chilly on the beach at night b/c of the wind. The first 7 days we were there the weather was perfect, so even though the wind was strong at night I still just wore a tank top or sun dress. The next 3 days were a different story- the temp dropped and it rained, actually stormed one night and even during the day I was wearing my jacket.

Oh the hair.... well my hair trial was a disaster but the day of worked out fine. I actually never saw the back of my hair once it was finished b/c I was in such a hurry but she put SOOOOO much spritz and so many hairpins in it that the next day it had not moved at all. I even climbed Dunns river and it was still in place.

#8 DLyteful

DLyteful
                • 879 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

Quote:
                  It gets a little chilly on the beach at night b/c of the wind. The first 7 days we were there the weather was perfect, so even though the wind was strong at night I still just wore a tank top or sun dress. The next 3 days were a different story- the temp dropped and it rained, actually stormed one night and even during the day I was wearing my jacket.

Oh the hair.... well my hair trial was a disaster but the day of worked out fine. I actually never saw the back of my hair once it was finished b/c I was in such a hurry but she put SOOOOO much spritz and so many hairpins in it that the next day it had not moved at all. I even climbed Dunns river and it was still in place.
                  WOW, it held up thru climing the falls....That works

Did your hair frizz as soon as you stepped of the plain? I'm not sure how my hair is going to act and I think my texture is kinda close to yours.

#9 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DLyteful
                    WOW, it held up thru climing the falls....That works

Did your hair frizz as soon as you stepped of the plain? I'm not sure how my hair is going to act and I think my texture is kinda close to yours.
                    Yep! I had to put twice as much mousse in my hair to keep looking semi-normal. I ended up wearing a ponytail most of the time.

#10 DLyteful

DLyteful
                    • 879 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
                      Yep! I had to put twice as much mousse in my hair to keep looking semi-normal. I ended up wearing a ponytail most of the time.
                      Ok, Thanks! Now I need to think about what I'm gonna do....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users