Photo

DIY Wedding Banners- HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

I'm suddenly considering trying to make a wedding banner for our reception. Me and FI got into a huge argument about our proper name introduction. He wants us to be introduced as Mr. and Mrs. John Doe........but I am choosing to hyphenate my name so I wanted us to be introduced as Mr. John Doe and Mrs. Jane Day-Doe.......

To make a long story short, he's not having that, so we decided to compromise and have his introduction, but something at the reception site letting people know what my full name is, so i thought that maybe a wedding banner would be a good idea. Now the problem is, how the heck do you make it!!

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!!

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

I don't know if have enough time, but I ordered mine for my Welcome Party from Oriental Trading Company. Maybe someone that is more crafty than I am will have a good DIY suggestion for you...

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Do you have publisher? You can do banners in publisher but then you have to tape them together.

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

are you priting menus for each place setting?

or doing favors at each place setting?

why not just do it there?

#5 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:19 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alyssa
            are you priting menus for each place setting?

or doing favors at each place setting?

why not just do it there?

The menus and placesettings have already been printed. This subject just recently came up between me and FI. I'm thinking that since I'm running out of time, maybe I'll just do a really large picture frame and use a tripod to stand it right in front of the reception venue. i dunno.

#6 TheTomato

TheTomato
            • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

You could buy the Tshirt transfer paper for printers and print big lettering to iron on fabric of some sort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users