Sign in to follow this  
Spazz

How do people decide to go to a DW 3 weeks prior to leaving?!?

I agree that a scaled down version would be perfectly acceptable. Like Kathi and Sarah said, they probably won't even notice. Definitely don't stress yourself out over this. hug2.gif

That is crazy! What is up with people! Do they not think you have to plan for this? I would do the smaller version. I know they are a PITA for not RSVPing and all but they are making the effort to come so they should get a little something.

lizz, wtf?! i say no OOT bags for them unless you have extras. if they say anything about it, you can smile and say "well we werent expecting you because you didnt rsvp" and that should shut them up

People. What else can you say about that.

I would give them the scaled down version or nothing at all, as said above. I even wrote in my invitations, "must be booked by April 1st to be included in the festivities" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
The crazy thing is that one of the couples had a DW a few years ago, so they should know that it's not "free" for us (as so many others seem to think). Granted, it's not that expensive per person, but still.

The best part is that we heard through the grapevine that 2 of the guests were coming, they didn't even bother to tell us. So I had to force my FI to email the girl today and ask her. Ummm...hello!
That's ridiculous! Totally ridiculous! If they couldn't bother to even tell you they were coming, I definitely wouldn't give them something. Don't run around trying to get them stuff. If you have leftovers, fine... but 3 weeks before your wedding you should be trying to organize and relax, not running around looking for OOT stuff!

Are there specific things you need? I think I have some leftovers... just need to find where they are packed.

Yeah, I would definately not go crazy and run out and buy a bunch of stuff. You have stuff leftover, than great make them a little bag.

I have a couple of totes that I won't need from cheap totes, if you want them pm me and i'll send them. Hmmm what else do i have extras of... i'll look at my stuff and let ya know. but don't stress yourself out 3 weeks before you leave over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
I have had 6 people in the last week suddenly decide that they are coming to Jamaica. These are people that never sent their response cards back (which were due more than a month ago) and never gave an indication that they wanted to come.
This made me laugh. Only because they always say, the people you least edxpect to come to your wedding do and will! And the ones you most expect, don't!
I am with those who said to go with a 'scaled down version' of the OOT bags. It's too late to order everything anyway so just do what you can. Don't stress over it!
Omgosh 83 guests! Aesome! How many did you invite total?
Girl, your day is getting SO CLOSE! You must be so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

smile29.gifsmile159.gif

Doh, that totally sucks Lizz.. If it was me I wouldn't give them an OOT bag at all unless I happened to have extra stuff laying around. I definitely wouldn't spend more money on them...

That sucks. We are experiencing the opposite issue. 2 people have backed out and we can't change our headcount with the caterers, therefore we are down $274 b/c they changed their mind at three weeks before the wedding. UGH!!! plus all of the money i spent on the OOT gift bags. WTF!!!! people are RUDE!!!!!!!!!