On my invitation do I put the time people should arrive at the hotel or the time the ceremony will actually start?

We are planning for a 6pm ceremony - do I write "6 o'clock in the evening" or "half past five o'clock"

What did you guys do? Unlike an AI wedding, I doubt many of our guests will be staying in our hotel so i don't want everyone to be late but I also want to do it in the traditional manner... thoughts?

In mexico we're known for unpunctuality so I'd put 5 o' clock hahahahaha

Though, if you're going to provide transportation you should put the exact timing.. (15-20 mins before for mexicans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia View Post
In mexico we're known for unpunctuality so I'd put 5 o' clock hahahahaha
Though, if you're going to provide transportation you should put the exact timing.. (15-20 mins before for mexicans)
rofl Anny. I wanted to say the same thing, but I thought- Anny's on here, I better not make any comments about late Mexicans- but you did it for me! lol

I would tend to put the actual ceremony time in the traditional manner on the invitation, but I might put something on the welcome letter (or whatever else you're sending out ahead of time) about coming early...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHARIDER View Post
rofl Anny. I wanted to say the same thing, but I thought- Anny's on here, I better not make any comments about late Mexicans- but you did it for me! lol
rofl.gif don't worry!! I know it's true!!! LOL..

I put the start time of the wedding on mine...but we later changed it...on my newsletter i put the start time and the time the limo van will be picking people up...now the limo van time is 30 min earlier than what the actual pickup time is...just like you Kash my guest will not all be in the same hotel...

On my invitations I put the actual time, but in the email newsletter I sent out I reminded people that we would be starting ON TIME so we wouldn't lose the sunset. Amazingly, we did actually start right on time and everyone was there.

On our invitation I put the actual ceremony start time. I plan to give everybody a welcome letter that will ask them to arrive at the hotel 30 minutes early to enjoy a welcome cocktail...I figure that will be a nice bribe :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
On our invitation I put the actual ceremony start time. I plan to give everybody a welcome letter that will ask them to arrive at the hotel 30 minutes early to enjoy a welcome cocktail...I figure that will be a nice bribe :)
That's a great tip!!! I guess we mexicans can be on time for some drinks shots.gif