• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

I think I want to find a smallish handbag for the wedding day. Did you married gals have one? I think I'd like one, just for the essentials - if for nothing else than I need to carry my insulin around (or maybe I should just decorate my insulin with crystals!). Since my dress is pretty simple, ivory, and does have some beading - that's kind of what I am looking for.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an online place, or a store in Chicago? I don't want to spend a ton of money on this, since I likely won't use it again!

If you have one, and can share a picture - I'd love to see 'em!

FYI: this is the site that got me thinking of this purchase! The most dyeable white bridal purses and wedding handbags for the bridal party

#2 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

My bridesmaid brought one for me - it was a PITA! You don't need it and you won't want to keep track of it. Give your lipstick to a bridesmaid. I had to take some medication so I gave it to my coordinator and told her to find me at the right time (which she did). If you don't want to trust her, give it to a bridesmaid.

If you really need something - you're right there at your hotel and you can easily send someone up to your room to grab it.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

Ann I hadn't even thought of this! Great one more thing to stress about. LOL. You should def bedazzle your insulin. It will look great. Just make sure you leave someone in charge of your bag during your ceremony so it doesn't get lost.

-Glenda

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

If anything I'd give it to my mom to hold (either my purse or insulin), I won't have any bridesmaids! We're actually not getting married at our hotel either, and it's a 45 min. trip by boat to our ceremony. I can get a little panicy when I don't have my insulin and/or blood sugar monitor - but I may be able to part w/the latter for an evening - the insulin I don't have a choice!

Seriously - I should bedazzle it - that would be hilarious!

#5 NATASHA

NATASHA
          • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Totally different story - if you're on a boat then, yes, have it handy with an easy way to carry it. For your own peace of mind, though, you probably should assign it to your mom. Twice that day I was rummaging through my backpack thinking that I had left something important behind. Then my bridesmaid took it from me and said she was going to be in charge of everything which really helped (including my cell phone).

Also, you probably will want to have your monitor with you - at least before the wedding. The stress of anticipation, the trying to get ready in time, can make you skip eating and drinking like you normally would and will spike your levels. Don't put your body in harms way.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

I really should, Natasha - it just means carrying one extra thing! But I can just assign it to a good friend or mom, either would be happy to help, I'm sure. Or maybe I'll just find a pregnant friend who won't be drinking - then I know she'll be responsible!

Amy good wesbites for these, ladies?

#7 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

That's funny - "Oh, you're pregnant? Great - would you mind carrying some things for me?"

#8 marfa75

marfa75
                • 71 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

Ann, i just got mine at David's bridal, it wasnt the greatest but it matched my dress perfectly which was tricky because its slightly darker than a normal ivory. I just looked on the David's bridal site and I think this purse would match your dress perfectly. David's Bridal - Accessory HBCT131 Frame Clutch With Pearl Embroidery.

This is the one I ended up getting: David's Bridal - Accessory 2728 Organza Pickup Clutch.

#9 NATASHA

NATASHA
                  • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

what about finding a vintage purse?

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by marfa75
                      Ann, i just got mine at David's bridal, it wasnt the greatest but it matched my dress perfectly which was tricky because its slightly darker than a normal ivory. I just looked on the David's bridal site and I think this purse would match your dress perfectly.
                      what about finding a vintage purse?
                      I love that idea too - I haven't even shopped around for something like that. i am sure i could find something here in Chicago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users