Sign in to follow this  
Sophie8

Mexico Catholic wedding

Hi, my wedding is January 2009. We are trying to plan a wedding somewhere in Mexico that all the family can go do. Want to have a Catholic wedding and looking for any suggestions. We'll be coming from Colorado and Utah.

ACatholic Ceremony is easy to have in Mexico because there are TONS of Catholic Churches, BUT it is not recognized as legal so you have to have a legal ceremony as well OR get married in the states before you go.

welcome.gif there are lots of us catholic girls here to help you along the way. use the search function and you should find some threads.

Hello and welcome. I am getting married in a Catholic church in Cancun. I looked at several churches though in the Riviera Maya. Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome! I'm having a Catholic ceremony in Puerto Vallarta. Let us know how we can help! FYI, if you are looking to have a Catholic ceremony on the beach, it will most likely not happen, it is not allowed by the Church. Believe me most of us have searched for this option. However as Anny pointed out, her ceremony was in Cancun at the Marriott which has a Catholic Gazebo! I believe one of the Palace resorts in Cancun/ RM area has the same. Good luck!

welcome to the forum, and congrats!!

(great to see another Coloradoan around here too!)

I'm sure you'll get plenty of great advice - happy planning!