Photo

2nd. Time bride Doesn't Want A Shower, How Bout a Bath?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

This was my EXACT situation ... divorced, 33, didn't want a shower. We just had a girls night out ... or really just dinner, because I was only in from Chicago for a short time and it was last minute. I wanted to do a spa weekend where we all just relax and have some wine, but my best friend had just done that for her shower. But things like that would be fun - just say NO GITFS! lol But a spa weekend/day, or wine tasting, fondue restaurant, etc. - those were things I had wnated to do.

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

I like the idea of a pamper me day at a spa. You could also organize a girls' weekend somewhere close or that is special to your sister. On the invites put No Gifts or if you wish to give a gift make a donation to sister's favorite charity...I personally always try to do something to commemorate the occasion, even if an invite says no gifts.

#3 dido

dido
      • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Great idea on the spa weekend! You could also do a girls night out and offer her lingerie. I know it's questionable about giving or getting gifts for a second wedding, but personally I would never show up to an event like that empty handed as I assume most people wouldn't.

Spa day or weekend would likely be a great gathering for everyone involved!
        Destination I Do Magazine
        www.destinationidomag.com
        866-359-9855

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

I vote on a nice girls day I bet she would love that. How exciting for your sister and for your daughter she is really hitting the wedding circuit this year! It's because she's so darn cute.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

I vote on the spa day too!!!

#6 angitalia23

angitalia23
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

Spa day sounds perfect, do it later youll all be relaxed and then maybe do dinner at a wine bar or something like that. It's really nice you want to do something special for her...this would be memorable and fun!
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

#7 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
            • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

I so agree with everyone- Do the spa thing!

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

A thought - because I contemplated this for a friend of mine - get a couple of manicurists and or masseuses to come to your place and have a big PJ/Manicure/massage/girls night in. If you or one of your friends have your nails done regularly, have them check with the girls who do them. They would probably be amenable to coming and painting nails while you guys sit around in your comfees watching a bunch of romantic comedies and getting a little happy with some champagne.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users