what did you do with the kids?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NHPT

NHPT
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

hey married ladies-
    i was wondering what you did about kids at your reception. i was planning on having 1 "kids table" with crayons, games, etc. but what about when they get tired- did you guys have a sitter or did you let the parents worry about it all? thanks in advance
    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#2 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:58 PM

I'll have their parents take care of them, but well I'm just having 5 kids in total, my SIL's kids and some little cousins..

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

What about having some sand toys for them? My grandmother was at a wedding where the kids actually passed out the favors, just to keep them busy...that's an idea
      I saw this on the knot and actually saw the books and crayons on oriental trading company for really cheap.Click the image to open in full size.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

I'll probably do that as well - and I plan on making them their own special little OOT bag w/stuff to keep them busy. If it turns out that a lot of people are bringing their kids, I may look into hiring a nanny for the wedding. But most that are coming are old enough to kind of be on their own, or their babies and can't go very far! I may ask the parents what they'd prefer.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

for us at dreams, i let them run wild...you are outdoors, it is very festive so they did not distract from the reception at all...there was this croquet set up nex to the tables so they were playing that...then dancing with the rest of us etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 NATASHA

NATASHA
        • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

We hired a nanny who sat totally bored as it wasn't needed.

We had a lot of kids who ranged from 4 to 15. They danced the whole time (there are tons of pictures of them), hung out together (they'd all been together for days so they had their own games of tag and hide and seek going without anyone needing to do anything), and just generally enjoyed themselves.

Our wedding wrapped up around 10:30 or 11. Those with kids left around 10 (or one left and the other stayed). It worked out great for everyone. No need to do anything.
          Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#7 NHPT

NHPT
          • 3,848 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

thanks for the answers ladies! i appreciate it!!!
            Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NATASHA
            We hired a nanny who sat totally bored as it wasn't needed.

We had a lot of kids who ranged from 4 to 15. They danced the whole time (there are tons of pictures of them), hung out together (they'd all been together for days so they had their own games of tag and hide and seek going without anyone needing to do anything), and just generally enjoyed themselves.

Our wedding wrapped up around 10:30 or 11. Those with kids left around 10 (or one left and the other stayed). It worked out great for everyone. No need to do anything.
            take it from us married gals!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 jpkw

jpkw
            • VIP Member
            • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:08 AM

I'm going to have the older kids at the reception - as tammy & natalie said, i'm sure they will be entertained! i do have some friends coming with babies though and we will need to figure out babysitter. i think we will probably get nannies thru dreams. maye also said she could give me a recommendation. be aware that after 10pm, you have to pay extra (i think $30) for their taxi fare since there are no more buses. i'm going to email maye again for rates, so i'll let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users