I Need HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

I would imagine it could actually be cheaper for you if you took the reception to a restauraunt. 100 dollars pp for the open bar is crazy, who would ever drink that much? A dinner in a restauraunt and paying for drinks has to be cheaper then that, I would think! This is not what you needed 3 months before your wedding. You should share the hotel with others so that they are aware of how little this resort is willing to help you rectify the situation, because I am a big believer in nothing in life is non-negotiable. Did you ask to speak with the person in charge of the venue directly istead of dealing with the wedding planner. And enquire that if the hotel is not allowed to move on the menu, what kind of deal can they give you in regards to other things such as maybe room rates to make up for your inconvenience, worth a try.
    Best of luck

#32 Celina

• Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

Wow - my FI and I were reading this and he was shocked at the $100 Open Bar pp bill! That was insane! Do they honestly think that one person is going to drink $100 worth of drinks? At a minimum that was $10 per drink x 10!

Glad it worked out!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#33 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

Just catching up--glad to hear you are able to hopefully go elsewhere. I agree, how can you budget a HUGE event and have to guess at the biggest expense!!
        Good luck sweetie!

#34 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

Wow, your FI is a gem! I'm glad everything is working out for you now.

#35 Pisces

• 255 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

So glad it all worked out for you! Sounds like it was meant to be this way.
            Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#36 becks

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:24 AM

Yay! So glad things worked out! I'm sure the Ren will be wonderful!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users