Jump to content

Photo

I Need HELP!!!


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Kristin113

Kristin113
  • Newbie
  • 72 posts

    Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

    I don't know what to do, so I hope some of the girls here can help me out before I kill someone.

    It is only 4 months away from my wedding in Aruba, and everything is already booked. I got an email from my WC yesterday at 5pm saying that the prices for all food have changed and I have to decide if I want to change my menu.

    Our buffet menu which consisted of 3 appetizers, 6 entrees, 2 sides and 3 deserts went from $76pp to $112pp(not including open bar, which is $100pp)!!!

    Has anything like this happened to anyone else?? I emailed the WC and she said that on the contract, it says that food/drink prices are subject to change. I was aware of this, but all along she told me that they never go up much, and that I should just expect a slight increase from the 2007 prices. This is alot more than a slight increase, it's almost 50% more!!

    She is going to be calling me today at work in about an hour, but I really don't kknow what to so if she dosen't budge on the prices. Should I say I am going to start looking at other places? What if I can't get another hotel this close, I am still going to have to work with this lady.



    #2 LadyP

    LadyP
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,156 posts

      Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

      can you cut back to 2 entrees?

      #3 boscobel

      boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

        Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

        Oh my. That is horrible! I would ask her what your options are. I don't think you should stick withthis place that doubled their prices 3 months out. But that's just me and sometimes I do things to spite.

        Perhaps a TA can chime in with some options for you.

        #4 Kristin113

        Kristin113
        • Newbie
        • 72 posts

          Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

          I really don't think I should have to cut back on anything, since this is what I agreed to. And it's a buffet to start with, usually a buffet is a large selection of different food to choose from. I think only 2 trays would look pretty cheap, but thanks for trying to help :)

          #5 Yari

          Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

            Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

            That is horrible! I am sorry to hear this.

            I would talk to your WC and tell her your thoughts. Tell her the increase is crazy and what can they do to help you out.

            #6 Kristin113

            Kristin113
            • Newbie
            • 72 posts

              Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by carly
              Oh my. That is horrible! I would ask her what your options are. I don't think you should stick withthis place that doubled their prices 3 months out. But that's just me and sometimes I do things to spite.

              Perhaps a TA can chime in with some options for you.
              I know I don't what to stay with them either, so I emailed other hotels last night and this morning but I still haven't heard back from them. I am just worried if I cancel with her, what happens if I cant get re-booked at another place?? We already have 30 ppl booked to come down w/ us

              #7 boscobel

              boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

                Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

                Maybe asking to go above your WC's head to management and letting them know that your wedding hass been planned for x months/years and you have x guests coming, but you CANNOT afford this price hike. While I have encountered many problems planning my wedding, I have to say that it seems that people do try to make it work for you.

                Otherwise, I would begin the talks with your TA about moving to a different hotel in Aruba and see what you options are. I hope you dont have to go that route, but at least you would be well informed if you had to.

                #8 boscobel

                boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

                  Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

                  DEF do not cancel until you find an alternate place. Sometimes we need to put the anger aside (hard, I know), but you don't want to not get married. I really would talk to the WC. Perhaps there are other menu options that you could choose. Or turn it into a cocktail reception with light hor d'ouerves. I think canceling that resort would be the most satisfying thing to do at this moment, but in the long run, that choice might be wrong.

                  And did you say $100/pp for open bar - like $3k just for the open bar and THEN you also would have to pay $100/pp for food? That whole deal seems crazy. I wish I knew a place in Aruba for you.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kristin113
                  I know I don't what to stay with them either, so I emailed other hotels last night and this morning but I still haven't heard back from them. I am just worried if I cancel with her, what happens if I cant get re-booked at another place?? We already have 30 ppl booked to come down w/ us


                  #9 AllureEventDesign

                  AllureEventDesign
                  • Newbie
                  • 115 posts

                    Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

                    Kristin, do you have any communications between you and the hotel coordinator in which the menu you selected is listed as well as the price? if you do, you can fight them on this and SHOULD. I always try to receive written confirmation of whatever my client has confirmed with the hotel so that when this sort of situation happens, we have some sort of recourse.

                    Another question, did the hotel coordinator provide you with a BEO (banquet event order) before yesterday? this is a document which lists all your menu and bar choices, as well as event times, locations, dates and number of confirmed guests per event.

                    I say fight them on this and keep in mind that you will get farther by being polite but firm.

                    I hope this gets resolved.

                    #10 Kristin113

                    Kristin113
                    • Newbie
                    • 72 posts

                      Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carly
                      DEF do not cancel until you find an alternate place. Sometimes we need to put the anger aside (hard, I know), but you don't want to not get married. I really would talk to the WC. Perhaps there are other menu options that you could choose. Or turn it into a cocktail reception with light hor d'ouerves. I think canceling that resort would be the most satisfying thing to do at this moment, but in the long run, that choice might be wrong.

                      And did you say $100/pp for open bar - like $3k just for the open bar and THEN you also would have to pay $100/pp for food? That whole deal seems crazy. I wish I knew a place in Aruba for you.
                      Thanks.... she should be calling me in a half hour so hopefully I will have good news later.

                      I know, I am paying so much for food and drinks but that is actually the norm in Aruba. But I feel like they are taking advantage now that it is so close to our day now.....I am very curious to see what she tells me lata.

                      I'll keep you guys updated and thanks for the help :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users