Photo

Print or Cursive?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 indypitty

indypitty
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

I know this is a stupid question, but is print appropriate for addressing outer envelopes for invites? I am hand addressing my invites, and my print is much cleaner and more modern looking. I prefer it, but don't remember receiving any printed invites. Thanks!

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

I think if it looks nice then do it!

#3 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

I think if you're doing it yourself then its up to you. I just received an invite to a friend's wedding and it was printed. To be honest I didn't really pay attention anyways....just tore open the envelope and then threw it out. The invitation is what people remember.

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

I agree that it really doesn't matter. Have you thought about printing them with your printer? Word has an envelope template & after playing around with it it was quick & easy.

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Legally I believe that you're supposed to print addresses. Who knew? Obviously that's not enforced. I say go with whatever you're comfortable with.

#6 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by indypitty
            I know this is a stupid question, but is print appropriate for addressing outer envelopes for invites? I am hand addressing my invites, and my print is much cleaner and more modern looking. I prefer it, but don't remember receiving any printed invites. Thanks!
            Have you thought about making labels to address the envelopes? I think it will save time and your hands won't hurt as much!?

#7 indypitty

indypitty
            • 110 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn3878
              Have you thought about making labels to address the envelopes? I think it will save time and your hands won't hurt as much!?
              We are only sending out about 25 invitations, and I really want to hand write them.

#8 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

I don't think labels have become an acceptable way to send invitations yet. I feel like I keep reading that.

#9 LizR1

LizR1
                • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

I say just print them--no one really cares about how the envelope is addressed---they remeber the invitation more--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users