is there such thing as NON-DROWSY DRAMAMINE?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

Ok, I cant find non-drowsy dramimine anywhere! The only thing I can find is less-drowsy dramamine. Is there such thing as non-drowsy dramimine? If not will the less-drowsy dramamine put me and my guests to sleep? I'm so afraid of taking it and then yawning half the night away. Has anyone used the less-drowsy before?
    Or for that matter is there non-drowsy bonine or any other motion sickness medecine out there?
    I'm completely stumped on this one, help!

PS. I couldnt figure out where to put this thread so I decided to put it under entertainment seeing as though the Dramamine would essentially be used for our welcome dinner entertainment sunset cruise.
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#2 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

They use something like this for the boat ride to Las Caletas. I thought they said it was NON Drowsy Dramamine but I could be wrong - it could be "Less Drowsy" Dramamine...

Maybe one of the other LC girls can chime in on this...?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Yep, it's "less drowsy". No non-drowsy as far as I know, but there are things like those anti-sea-sickness bracelets you can buy at Walgreens that don't involve drugs or drowsiness. I've never tried one but am interested in how they work.

BTW my MOH took 3 less-drowsy ones and was falling asleep on the boat and slept for 2 hours when we got there...so make sure your guests don't overmedicate...hehe

#4 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

I think bonine is non drowsy, thats what everyone made me get for their fishing trip.

#5 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

thanks girls, I think I might be checking into the bracelets. I dont want to risk falling asleep at our welcome dinner when we are supposed to be partying it up for the night.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#6 1elephant

• VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

get bonine. it's the BEST thing ever! i can't even go on merry-go-rounds, but with bonine, i can hit the rollercoasters like i'm 15 again! (wow i sound like a bad commercial...) but REALLY - there is NOTHING better! it's 1/day, or 2 if you're REALLY bad...chewable, no side effects!

#7 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

I saw a thing on mythbusters about ginger root pills. I feel asleep before the end but it seems to work for most people.

Sorry I don't know much more...maybe try googling Ginger Root Pill?

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

Your guests can also go to the doctor and get a prescription for the "patch". My mom uses it and it works like a charm.

#9 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

I've taken non-drowsy dramamine (or something starting with a B) but it was DEFINITELY "less drowsy" and coupled with a couple drinks it was actually "fall asleep" drowsy.
                    I've also used the bracelet thing and it seemed to work but maybe that boat trip was on calmer seas.
                    I've heard the patch works for some people but I know people have had allergic reactions to it so I'd test it first.

#10 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

Hehehe, definitely avoid Dramamine & less drowsy Dramamine where there is alcohol involved. A good friend of mine took 2 Dramamine prior to a sunset WINE TASTING cruise & passed the F out on the boat. Not good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users