Photo

Guest Attire?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:55 PM

So I in thinking about our STDs and Invitations and whatI should list as the attire for guests. What have other people listed the attire as and how would you describe what you were looking for. I want people to be comfortable on the beach but then also look nice, What have you guys put on yor invitations?
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

i used "beach chic" or "tommy bahama" for men.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Sailor

Sailor
    • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

You could just tell them to dress tropical, but no speedo's please!
      November 20, 2006

This day I will marry my best friend!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

i did put a no bathing suit, casual shorts, and flip flop rule...unless they were nice beaded ones...

we kind of had to hint to alot of our guests as well as to the appropriate dress.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 gkashmira

gkashmira
      • 1,962 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

Now my FI is telling people they can wear whatever they want! Arrrgh!

I think I'm going to go with "Beach chic" but no bathing suits, etc.
        Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

steve tried to do that too and in the beginning said he did not want to put guidelines on what people wore BUT i was afraid they would show up to the ceremony in their wet bathing suits ...

after talking to his mom, friends etc. they wanted a guideline and idea how to dress....everyone wants to be dressed appropriately for events.

maybe you can suggest it on your website instead of on an STD or invitation...

we had an FAQ section on our site and one of the questions was:

Wedding Attire
        What should I wear to the wedding? We are having a relaxed, beach wedding weekend, so we are encouraging a "beach chic" look for the events. For the ceremony, men should wear a nice shirt and pants (Tommy Bahama look is good), suits and ties are ok but not required by any means. Women should wear dresses. Sandals are ok, but please no shorts and flip flops during the ceremony.

Awards and recognition: 

#7 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

i really like the "beach chic" answer. i think i'll use that!
          MariaElena - 10/28/06
          Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#8 KARLA

KARLA
          • 373 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

We put "Dressy Resort Attire" in our invitations. Not sure if that's a real phrase, but it's the only phrase that I threw at my fiance and actually said he might know what to wear from that phrase.

I am seriously crossing my fingers that nobody will show up in flip flops and shorts. Let's just say I'm HEAVILY spreading the attire by word of mouth. After all, it is still a wedding!

#9 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
            • 402 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

By word of mouth, I've let people know that they should be more dressy for the church part but can wear dressy flip flops or sandals at the reception should they choose. Shorts are not acceptable. You're right, it IS a wedding.
              MariaElena - 10/28/06
              Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

I did not state anything on our STD's, but I did indicate the attire to be "beachy chic" on our wedding website. I went on to say what that means dressy casual. I know, it's tough! Honestly, the only person I am really worried about under dressing is my mom...we've already discussed that I have the power of veto over her outfit :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users