Newbie Here!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Twinkiez

Twinkiez
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi everyone!
    My name is Nicole and I got engaged last month. We planned our wedding for 08.08.08 (Cliche.. I know!) but hey.. you want it to be a memorable day and make sure your future hubby doesnt forget your anniversary.. He has no excuses now! =)
    Were getting married in Hawaii on the island of Oahu... And wow I didn't realize how much time is really needed to prep for a wedding.. I thought it was going to be like planning a big party but I was so wrong!
    I've been stressed already but in 1 months time I've already managed to get a wedding dress, ceremony site, reception place, hotel and airflight for more than half of our guest, and charter accomodations.

Right now I've been working on those boarding pass invites so I can tell the guest the info about our reception and such but I can't find any cute icons, I was told to use dingbats font.. but I still dont see any I can use, we'll at least the cute ones that I see on everyone elses. Anybody have any suggestions or tips for me?

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

Welcome! That sounds like a beautiful location! You had gotten a lot accomplished already thats great.

#3 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
      • 489 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Welcome to the forum. Wow you accomplished alot already.
        Happy planning!
        http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#4 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

to the forum! Yaay, a date twin!!! It sounds like you are on a roll. This site will defitenly help you out with planning and such.

What specific cute icons are you looking for? For instance, if you're looking ofr palm trees, you can use the 'wmtrees' font. And try a search on dafont.com. They have a wide selection.

Congrats & Happy Planning
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 Autumn

Autumn
          • 1,166 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

welcome, Nicole - and congrats! you're going to love it here!!

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

to the forum! It sounds like you already have so much done. You will find a ton of ideas and also advice here. Happy planning!!!

#7 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

Welcome... sounds like you've been busy! It's such a relief to check things of the to-do-list! Well happy planning and don't forget to take a break from the busyness and just enjoy the moment sometimes! :)

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi Nicole! Welcome!
                You can get some great fonts at dafont.com, but also if you use the search function on this forum, there is a thread with font trading going on, you just have to contribute a couple to get a gazillion! Have fun!

Also, check out our Hawaii Brides thread!

#9 srbina

srbina
                • 40 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

Welcome fellow Bay Area chica! Good luck in all your planning!

#10 amandatheo

amandatheo
                  • 247 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

and congrats!! You sound really organised, happy planning!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users