Jump to content
Copita

DR Brides: Post your Dates & Locations

Recommended Posts


cdc150 - We have not picked a package yet for sure, but we're leaning towards the Fantasy package (the 2nd from the lowest) because we privatized Luna Restaurant due to great advice on BDW :-)

 

What about you? what package did you decide on?

 

Originally Posted by cdc150 View Post

thePYT-- that's great!  What have you started on?  I feel like I've done so much but have gotten nothing accomplished.  Did you pick you package? 
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We picked the Aqua package and doing a poolside reception. :)
 

Originally Posted by thePYT View Post


cdc150 - We have not picked a package yet for sure, but we're leaning towards the Fantasy package (the 2nd from the lowest) because we privatized Luna Restaurant due to great advice on BDW :-)

 

What about you? what package did you decide on?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cdc150 sounds beautiful! I can't wait to hear about the planning as you go! Aqua would've been our package for sure, but we saved a little money with privatizing the Luna in our case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thePYT

 

 I also reserved the Luna/Romantico Restaurant, are you having a large guest count? I love that it's facing the beach but still an actual Restaurant, have you chosen centerpieces yet?

 

Originally Posted by thePYT View Post

@cdc150 sounds beautiful! I can't wait to hear about the planning as you go! Aqua would've been our package for sure, but we saved a little money with privatizing the Luna in our case.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was familiar with it because of you posting it on the forum! So thank you for sharing :-) My TA recommended it to us because we wanted a beach vibe but with a dance floor. I didn't know it was actually facing the beach. Even better!

 

Have you visited PPC to see Luna in person?

 

We have not chosen centerpieces. Do you have any recommendations? I saw a picture online of a reception at Luna that was upgraded and the total price for the decor was close to $11k. It had different chairs than the ones that are normally in the restaurant. I was told my flowers had to be flown in from Puerto Rico so they would be my largest expense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I've been to the resort twice already, the Restaurant is wonderful and huge!, it has a sunken room where they always put the buffet dishes.... during regular lunch and dinner times, I dunno how it will work for a Private Wedding yet, but as soon as I get my floor plan I will share it with you.

 

I'm actually shipping my decoration over there..... they seemed way overpriced for me =/, I'm doing cargo shipping $75 a box, it takes about 6-8 weeks to arrive, fill it up till it spills lol, the Coordinator at PPC is Jennifer, she's fabulous!!, she holds whatever you send in advance until your arrival. sorry I have no recommendations, I just hate the way they try and get over with that.... the only think I can suggest is not overdoing it with the flowers, since it's just so beautiful already, you can get away with lighting and natural elements, ex: rocks, shells, sand. 

 

I'm going to post a pic I took with my cellphone from inside the restaurant over looking the beach, not the best quality but still, you get an idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you sooo much!!! That would be great if you could post the picture, or I can PM you my email address as well.

 

Your insight has really helped me. I agree with you regarding the pricing for the decorations, so knowing what you're doing regarding that will definitely help as I plan for my decorations.

 

I haven't been assigned a coordinator yet, so far I've been working through my TA who's been corresponding with Teresa.
 

Originally Posted by Miss Sunshyne View Post

Yes I've been to the resort twice already, the Restaurant is wonderful and huge!, it has a sunken room where they always put the buffet dishes.... during regular lunch and dinner times, I dunno how it will work for a Private Wedding yet, but as soon as I get my floor plan I will share it with you.

 

I'm actually shipping my decoration over there..... they seemed way overpriced for me =/, I'm doing cargo shipping $75 a box, it takes about 6-8 weeks to arrive, fill it up till it spills lol, the Coordinator at PPC is Jennifer, she's fabulous!!, she holds whatever you send in advance until your arrival. sorry I have no recommendations, I just hate the way they try and get over with that.... the only think I can suggest is not overdoing it with the flowers, since it's just so beautiful already, you can get away with lighting and natural elements, ex: rocks, shells, sand. 

 

I'm going to post a pic I took with my cellphone from inside the restaurant over looking the beach, not the best quality but still, you get an idea.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 2nd, 2012 - Majestic Elegance - any advice for making reservations and such for larger crowds would help! We have a group of 40 booked so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×