Photo

Cost of bringing external photogs to ROR

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sunny

Sunny
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

For all of you bringing in an external photographer, could you give me a ballpark figure of what that is costing you? (including travel expenses) I have no idea what photography costs, but it is important to me and I'd like to have an idea of how expensive the options are.

For those of you using Michael's services, can any of you give me an idea of his costs?

Thanks!

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sunny
      For all of you bringing in an external photographer, could you give me a ballpark figure of what that is costing you? (including travel expenses) I have no idea what photography costs, but it is important to me and I'd like to have an idea of how expensive the options are.

For those of you using Michael's services, can any of you give me an idea of his costs?

Thanks!

When I was looking at using Micheal it was going to be about $900 for 3hours and 100 prints.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 KLK

KLK
      • 205 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:40 AM

It all depends on the experience and how willing the external photog is to travel, can range from just cost of travel up to 10 grand, depending on package! A good destination photog usually starts at 5000+, but so many factors included...keep searchin! BEST WISHES!

#4 Sunny

Sunny
        • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

Do those of you bringing in an external photog are generally paying over 5K to do so? That's quite a large additional cost.

#5 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

I don't think you need to pay over 5K if its not in the budget. I think you should be able to find something that will fit your wants and your budget.

That being said my photographer plans changed several times, before I got where I'm at.

Initially, a friend of FI's was going to take all our pics for free. We were still debating how we would supplement his trip or reimburse him.

Then the friend became a GM and I wanted something else so I was looking at photographers in Jamaica. I really liked the work of a Brian N-something... I know someone on here is using him and maybe able to help out. I believe his package pricing is reasonable... then you would need to also purchase a day pass for him.

However, I was lucky enough to win a contest by Nic Dragonmire on the forum... so now I have a certain amount of photo hours and all my photos for free, but just need to pay travel expenses (hotel, air, transfers) for him and his assistant.

Another alternative is to talk to photographers in your area. The photographer doing my brothers grad pics (who I would have used if I had the wedding at home) is trying to expand his portfolio and had mentioned reducing his package rates if travel expneses were covered. So maybe someone in your area would do the same.

#6 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
            • 238 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

I'm using Brian Nejedly - a local photographer in Ocho Rios. He's been great to work with so far. I think I'm going to have him for the entire 8 hours and it will be somewhere between $1600 and $1800 + day pass. Check out his website Brian Design - Photography & Website Design by Brian Nejedly - Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#7 sweet raisins

sweet raisins
              • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

I'm bringing my photographer from home and it's only gonna cost me about $1800 w/ airfare and room

#8 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                • 489 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Someone on the forum have used Cora's photography and I think it's canadian...maybe someone can clarified that.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#9 DLyteful

DLyteful
                  • 879 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

I'm lucky, my cousin who is a photog, is doing my pics for free (I'm her favorite cousin). If anyone is at ROR while we are there, I could see if she is she is up for it. If you want to see some of her work, here is her site

Renisa Anderson Photography

#10 christenew

christenew
                    • 325 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

I got a quote of $3000 for the photographers fee, including $1000 worth of print credit. I would just have to pay for his travel. We havent decided but with our group rate we get the 21st person free, which we will use for him, if thats what we decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users