I hired a cleaning lady!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

Well actually it's more like a team of ladies. John and I have been going back and forth on this for awhile now, and we finally made the decision to go for it. We pay them $85 to come every 3 weeks. They are all super nice and do a FANTASTIC job. Everytime they come they clean the whole house (bathroom, kitchen...), but then they also focus on one part of the house to really clean. This week was the walls. She was a referal from a friend. She lives in SF but goes down towards the peninsula for jobs. So if anyone is looking for one, PM me and I can give you her contact info. It has alleviated a lot of stress for me...I hate cleaning the bathrooms.

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

Good for you! Isn't it nice not to do bathrooms?

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

OMG, I am so jealous. I would totally pay someone $85 to clean out tiny apartment!!!

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Oh lord, how I wish you and your clean-team lived in Seattle. We need help with this sooooo bad. It's so hard to keep an overstuffed house with kids and animals clean.

I think you guys will be sooo happy you decided to do this.

#5 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

I love, love, love our cleaning ladies! They are so awesome. They come every two weeks ($98 each time) and do an amazing job. It is so worth the money.

#6 Leia78

Leia78
          • VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Good for you! Isn't it nice not to do bathrooms?
            yes. i always had to mentally prepare myself for it a couple of days in advance. i don't mind tidying it up, but to scrub the toilets and floors, and tub is a different story.

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

This is my dream. I literally get anxiety every friday (when I should feel relaxed) b/c I know my weekened will be dedicated to cleaning. Lucky you, I am jealous!

#8 Leia78

Leia78
              • VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                OMG, I am so jealous. I would totally pay someone $85 to clean out tiny apartment!!!
                it's worth it carly!

#9 Alesha4

Alesha4
                • 86 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

We also hired a cleaning lady. She comes with one of her friends. Its $100 a week for us, for about 1300sf. We are now trying to cut out two bedrooms to get it down to 80. We shall see how that works out.

Its definitely a great idea to get referrals from friends. Atleast you know you can trust the people coming in when you aren't home. That is if they come in when you aren't home.

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

Scrubbing the tub is so hard! I'm only barely 5'3", and to try and reach the wall from standing outside the tub, or kneeling and leaning over the edge with the side of the bathtub cutting off your air supply is a beotch! It sucks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users