Photo

Packages at Dreams and helping guests

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 roxych1k

roxych1k
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

Hey girls, o.k, few questions, did any of you use any of the wedding packages that Dreams offers? I want to know if it's useful to use them or just find local vendors. I'm assuming the coordinator will help find vendors if I need to (right?). Also, did you use any websites, travel agents to help the guests book their hotel and flight so they can save some money? What hotels are around Dreams that were affordable? I want most of my family to be able to come so I want to help them out as much as I can and steer them in the right direction. Thanks!

Nadia

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

i can't speak for cabo, but it was definitely beneficial in pv. we got the ultimate package (which i believe is different at different dreams resorts), and found an outside photographer and dj. dreams pv doesn't allow outside food so an outside caterer was out. also, if your guests don't stay at dreams, they'll (or you'll) have to pay per day to get in, plus pay to get back and forth from their resort to dreams.
      i guess it depends on what you're specifically looking for.

#3 JessicaM

JessicaM
      • Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I answered your questions below in blue.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by roxych1k
        Hey girls, o.k, few questions, did any of you use any of the wedding packages that Dreams offers?
        I guess i am using the one that comes free with the 7 nights paid in a honeymoon suite. I am also adding stuff though...lanterns, speakers, arch..etc. These are all extras over the package.

I want to know if it's useful to use them or just find local vendors. I'm assuming the coordinator will help find vendors if I need to (right?).

Dreams is providing all of my stuff (Flowers, cake, etc). I hired Suzanne Morel to do my hair and makeup though on my own.

Also, did you use any websites, travel agents to help the guests book their hotel and flight so they can save some money?

I am working with a travel agent (Tammy-Host) and see arranged a room block for us which fixed the cost during the time our guests were going to be there. My guests just now have to call her and book their stay and they get that rate.

What hotels are around Dreams that were affordable?

Depends on what time you are going....that is going to require some reseach on your part to figure out what is around there and the dates which you will be there.
        I want most of my family to be able to come so I want to help them out as much as I can and steer them in the right direction. Thanks!

Nadia

#4 VinceBride2B

VinceBride2B
        • 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

Thank you, those were some of my questions too! We are getting married at Dreams Punta Cana. but it helps! I was really curious about the lantern and arch rental Can you fill me in on any more about those two things Thanks!!

#5 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

I bought paper lanterns from asianideas.com that I am having Dreams wire to light the reception area. Also the arch is really a canopy for the beach since our ceremony is on the beach.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users