what do you think about this..

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

Having my catholic wedding at the marriott's gazebo and then the party at the fiesta americana?

my FI thinks it's weird.. but I tell him it's the same as going to the church and back to the hotel.. and the resorts are even close to each other...

I still have to check the availability.. but what do you think?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

Have you checked with the resort to see if it was ok? Also you might want to think about what a PITA it could be traveling all over the place on your wedding day.

#3 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

I know!! but I'd still have to do it since i'll be marrying at a church in Cancun anyway.. and I would reallyyyy love a beach ceremony..

#4 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

Well for me I wouldnt do it, only because I dont want to travel inbetween ceremony and reception. BUT, if you are planning on traveling inbetween the two anyways than this sounds nice. Ecspecially if they are close to eachother. :)
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#5 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

I say do it! Of course it will be time consuming and may be a PITA for your guests but if you were going to do a church and then the hotel then it shouldn't make a difference. And you really, really want a beachside ceremony so do what is going to make you happy. In the long run the people who care the most about you will want to see you happy.

#6 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

I just called the marriott and the basic package is $1,000 but they told me they couldn't make the priest confirmation until next week.. I HATE waiting for an answer!!!

But I'll do everything that's in my hand to do it!!.. and maybe I'll go on a 2nd. site visit next month..

#7 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Anny you have been talking about having a beach ceremony and this seems to be the closest thing to it. Either way you would have been traveling. I hope it works out.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

Anny, I think you made a good point. You will be traveling between two places why not have your ceremony on the beach. You may also add that hotel as a second option for your guests that way it may not seem so weird to your FI.

#9 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

I think you should go for it. Lots of people have the ceremony at one location and then meet at another place for the reception - think about the millions of church weddings/ temple weddings/ etc. etc. - it's not weird at all.

I do however think you would need to provide a bus or something like that for transportation for all your guests since it IS a DW. Also if you are expecting a lot of guests you could do room blocks at both hotels and hopefully get the fees waived!
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

yes I'm starting to think about it all,.. the thing it I can't find good pictures of the gazebo.. the only I've found are these:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users