Photo

Question: Signing marriage certificate on beach...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 blondebeach_bride

blondebeach_bride
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

Any thoughts on making sure our wedding (elopement) stays a secret. We couldn't wait so we eloped. But, I still want a beach wedding that I've been dreaming of forever. We are getting married later this year that we will call the real deal, but don't want ANYONE to know about the first one. Our wed. coord. knows and says the resort will not tell so that's covered, but how can we get around the whole signing the marriage certificate on the beach without everyone finding out? If someone asks about it, what could we tell them? So stressed about this. Hubby says no one will ask about why we didn't sign, but I think they will.

#2 DLyteful

DLyteful
    • 879 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:38 PM

Cant you do a mock signing of the certificate? Then you can keep that certificate with with the resot of your beach memories...

And then no one will ask why you didnt sign because you did.

#3 blondebeach_bride

blondebeach_bride
      • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, I thought of that...but I don't know if the officiant would like falsifying documents. But, it's worth a try to ask I guess. Thanks so much.

#4 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

Who would know? No one at our wedding even knew what we were doing when we signed it. If they ask just tell them you did it before the ceremony.

#5 LisaW

LisaW
          • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:01 AM

Or if anyone does ask, maybe you could just say that they do not do that here. I feel like since it's destination / Caribbean no one would second guess that!

#6 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
            • 489 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

Last year our friends got marries here before going in on there DW. The resort had fake paper. They did the ceremony and sign the papers like it was real papers and wedding. I don't think there will be any problem.
              http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

I know Dreams resorts have you sign a paper that is a "keepsake" type paper. But even if you don't I bet that will be the last thing on everyone's mind. I have been to several weddings where they didn't sign the certificate right there and then.

#8 Karen

Karen
                • 1,308 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

I seriously don't think anyone would ask. I agree with just saying that they don't do the signing in Jamaica if anyone asks. I seriously doubt it. In most American weddings I've been too, the cert signing wasn't a part of the ceremony. So I don't think it will be missed.
                  <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#9 Karen

Karen
                  • 1,308 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

whoops! Just saw you are from Canada...so that part might be missed. Even so I wouldn't worry about it.
                    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                    • Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by blondebeach_bride
                    Yeah, I thought of that...but I don't know if the officiant would like falsifying documents. But, it's worth a try to ask I guess. Thanks so much.
                    You don't have to falsify a document, just buy or print a template of a keepsake marriage certificate and use that. Thats the "pretty" version of the legal one, the one couples sometime frame. Shouldn't be too hard to find or even make yourself. You could make it as official looking as you want! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users