Photo

Question about Garment Bag that came with Dress...Is 1 enough?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:27 AM

I carried mine from Texas to Tokyo is just the thick white garment bag and stored it in the overhead bin... It wasnt even wrinkled after a 12 hour flight!

#12 mpark46

mpark46
    • 154 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

I bought one of these breathable wedding gown bag/covers for the flight.

It's great. Not too thick, but definitely thick enough. It's made of a breathable cotton material, so no yellowing either. Its also long enough for most wedding gowns.

WHITE BREATHABLE BRIDAL GOWN STORAGE BAG $3 SHIPPING!!! - eBay (item 220213669326 end time Mar-21-08 16:54:45 PDT)

#13 trajackson

trajackson
      • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

Just a question regarding the garment bag as a carryon. on continental you are allowed to bring a carryon and personal item. if the dress is your carry on can your bring a small back pack as your personal item? or does your purse count as the personal item? please let me know! thanks!

#14 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

You dress counts as your personal item I believe

#15 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

Unfortunately I think mine is going to have to go in my backpack!!! there is no way i'm checking it in and we are allowed one piece of hand luggage!! FI is such PITA when travelling he's like a kid with his toys lol all i need is a book and my ipod and i'm sorted think i might be stuffed this time tho

#16 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

I ripped my plain white garmet bag. If I were to do it all over again, I would put it in one of those luggage carries that you can zip up and fold in half. It would be SO much easier to carry and deal with. My dress wrinkled some, but you have to fold it up at some point. I certainly was not tall enough to walk around wiht my dress high enough it didn't touch the ground. Plus it got heavy after awhile.
              Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users