Photo

Does your FI ever hang out with your Dad?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

My dad lives in Portugal so whenever we go there, my FI always likes spending time with him. He says he wants his life when he retires bc all he does is go to the cafe, eat awesome food, and does nothing! Plus he lives 200ft from the beach.

#12 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BarefootBride
      No, my FI makes fun of my dad. I think if we lived near my parents, he would just hang around him long enough to laugh at him... My Dad is a total RETARD!! Hes so strange and annoying.
      I am cracking up! That is hillarious! My FI and dad DO NOT hang out. Our parents are total polar opposites. I wish they would get along, but my dad is very uptight and has a tendency to see the glass as half empty and can be very negative. My FI is totally opposite. On the rare ocassion after my dad has a couple of beers, he usually loosens up. My FI tolerates my dad because he is my dad.

Plus my dad's wife is SO intimidated by my FI's mom. It is so funny to me. My FI's mom is a hoot! She rides Harley's on the weekend and goes to motorcycle rally's and is totally always down for a good time. Our kids worship her and her husband. We don't even live in the same state and I talk to them at least twice a week.

My dad and his wife live in the same city and us and our kids haven't seen or spoke to them since Christmas. I know....sad but true!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#13 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
      • 679 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

FI only hangs out with my dad when I am around. I am going to the hockey game with my dad tonight, and I tried to give Pete my ticket b/c I have been so tired. He got a little freaked out. He thought it would be awkward hanging out with my dad. My dad is not uptight at all, so I can't quite figure out why. Oh well...maybe someday. I think they would have a blast together though.
        Brittney & Peter
        July 12, 2008
        Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#14 ginainabottle

ginainabottle
        • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

With my biological father, no. I don't think my dad likes Cory. He's very judgmental that way.

Cory and my stepdad get along pretty well. They talk about sports and politics. My stepdad even invited Cory to go golfing, but the weather turned out bad that day, so they haven't gone yet...but I'm sure they will!

#15 ginainabottle

ginainabottle
          • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
            My FI and dad DO NOT hang out. Our parents are total polar opposites. I wish they would get along, but my dad is very uptight and has a tendency to see the glass as half empty and can be very negative. My FI is totally opposite. On the rare ocassion after my dad has a couple of beers, he usually loosens up. My FI tolerates my dad because he is my dad.
            This sounds very much like my dad, only he is not remarried (I'm afraid he never will be), and he doesn't drink...so it's rare that he "loosens" up. I really think my dad doesn't like my FI because he has tattoos. So he has this distorted vision of what Cory is like, and he is not like that at all. I dont think my dad has ever gotten over that vision. And my FI also just tolerates him because he's my dad.

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

Well, we've almost always lived in different states, so not on a regluar basis. Since we moved back to MN, my dad has come over to help with repair around the house so they'll hang out and do that. And golf - though given the timing and seasons, that hasn't happened a ton either! We'll see about this summer - it will either increase (since we now live here) or decrease, because of baby duties.

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

DH loves my dad, they don't get to hang out a lot together, just because my dad owns his own business and is usually busy on the weekends when DH is off, but DH loves hanging out with him whenever he can. I think it's because they're SOOO much alike.

#18 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

my dh and dad talk when we're all together but they don't hang out or anything...i think dh's too shy

#19 Jessica

Jessica
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,939 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

not really, but my dad doesn't live close by really. brian does hang out my brother though when my bro visits us.

#20 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
                    • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

My dad and FI totally hit it off right from the beginning! Some times I think the reason either of them come to family functions is to hang out with each other lol. They have tons of similar interests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users