44 replies to this topic

#41 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morgan
    I just became curious why a London paper would give a price in dollars. So I looked up the story & it said 6000 pounds. To a person in London who gets their salary in pounds, isn't a ring that costs 6000 pounds more like a $6,000 ring? It would just cost us $12,000 because of the exchange rate for the dollar.
    I pulled the article from my brother's website. He's a Republican news-whore. :) He probably changed that part of the story so his readers would get the gist of what that dollar amount would be for us Americans....

And I like the visual of Tammy with the levers granting karma... hehehhee....

#42 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
      I pulled the article from my brother's website. He's a Republican news-whore. :) He probably changed that part of the story so his readers would get the gist of what that dollar amount would be for us Americans....

And I like the visual of Tammy with the levers granting karma... hehehhee....
      I see. That's how most people do it, but I think it's kind of misleading. Like on house hunters international they will say a house is 100,000 pounds equivilent to 200,000 dollars. But, it doesn't exactly work like that because they wouldn't be paying in dollars.

So I read $12,000 & think wow that's one expensive ring. Well, I still think $6,000 is pretty expensive but I'm cheap :)

We need an emoticon of tammy pulling levers. That's how the interwebnets work right?

#43 Infinity22

Infinity22
      • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

Holy

#44 dragonfly

dragonfly
        • 1,820 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

An idiot like that deserved to lose the ring, and a bitch like his girlfriend didn't deserve to get the ring:|

#45 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

As a British Citizen and a Northerner I can say with conviction "stupid arse cockney" lmao

No offence to cockneys pmsl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users