Photo

Need some Ceremony decor inspriation!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Saraha

Saraha
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:18 AM

I know alot of these posts are about the decor of the reception but wasnt sure what everyone was doing for the ceremony itself and needed some CHEAP LOL ideas.

So far I am doing
    -white covered chairs with pink ties on the beach
    -Bamboo Chuppa w/ white linens
    -Programs, fans, stuff to through on the chairs

What are other suggestions that you guys have.

I was wanting to do rose petals on the sand but am afraid with the wind it will be pointless. Maybe I could just outline the aisle...
    Anyone have any suggesions, I need all the help I can get :o)

#2 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
    • 371 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

Do you have a runner. I have seen some girls on here who have outlined there isle SP? sorry horrible speller but yes outlined it in many different things.. seashells, rose petals, teki tourches.... that sould be an idea. I think my mom is actually ordering a runner. HTH

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

On Oriental Trading Co, you can get these grass mats for like $3 each, we are going to use these for the aisle runners.
      Beach Mat

#4 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cole5worm
        Do you have a runner. I have seen some girls on here who have outlined there isle SP? sorry horrible speller but yes outlined it in many different things.. seashells, rose petals, teki tourches.... that sould be an idea. I think my mom is actually ordering a runner. HTH
        Yeah I was acutally thinking of maybe doing an outline of starfish... and was thinking rose petals because they are the cheapest if they dont fly away with the wind!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DougsGirl
        On Oriental Trading Co, you can get these grass mats for like $3 each, we are going to use these for the aisle runners.
        Beach Mat
        How are you keeping them together? Are you doing that ahead of time or are you just laying them out one after another?

#5 Gretchen

Gretchen
        • Banned
        • 416 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=Saraha;305313]Yeah I was acutally thinking of maybe doing an outline of starfish... and was thinking rose petals because they are the cheapest if they dont fly away with the wind!
          QUOTE]

I think it would look nice to combine them - starfish ever 2 or 3 feet with petals between them. Sounds pretty - and the petals would add color!
          Gretchen "GiGi"

#6 Saraha

Saraha
          • 2,597 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=Gretchen;305329]
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Saraha
            Yeah I was acutally thinking of maybe doing an outline of starfish... and was thinking rose petals because they are the cheapest if they dont fly away with the wind!
            QUOTE]

I think it would look nice to combine them - starfish ever 2 or 3 feet with petals between them. Sounds pretty - and the petals would add color!
            Yeah I thought so too! we will see Im clueless when it comes to this stuff!

#7 FinisterraBride

FinisterraBride
            • 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Have you seen the birds of paradise lined along the path? Lupita sent me some pictures that were cute and not too expensive...

How much are you renting your Chuppa for if you dont mind me asking? I am waiting for a response from Lupita and I think it is going to be the best option.

I am really going to need your input and a review when your wedding is over since mine is at the same place a few weeks later!

Have you finalized your menu choices?

#8 FinisterraBride

FinisterraBride
              • 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

Have you seen the birds of paradise lined along the path? Lupita sent me some pictures that were cute and not too expensive...

How much are you renting your Chuppa for if you dont mind me asking? I am waiting for a response from Lupita and I think it is going to be the best option.

I am really going to need your input and a review when your wedding is over since mine is at the same place a few weeks later!

Have you finalized your menu choices?

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

Do you got this all figured out Sarah?

In all honesty, I was SUPER cheap with the ceremony decor. I let the setting be the focus and I think it still turned out beatifully. The only thing I added (that's not already on your list) was the shells hanging from the chuppa. I think it made for some pretty pictures. I wouldn't get too elaborate!

I DO wish I had done some petals down the aisle. That's the only thing I would change now that I have seen the pics.
                  Happily married since 2008

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

i like rose petals on the aisles....we will have them for sure!!!
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users