#21 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
    I'm using these fabulous streamer thingys! The best part is that they fit in your hand and stay attached to the little cup for easy clean-up. I wanted it to be super easy to clean! I don't know if our resort has any restrictions, but I don't know how they can argue with these! They are a little pricey at $3 each, but We might just give them to people on the ends of the aisles...

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
    The cheapest place I've found them is Wedding Favors and Gifts
    I love these! I could probably just have 8 for the people in the aisles & split it 3 ways if anyone is interested. It would be $19 each. I'd want the primary colored ones. Anyone interested?

#22 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
    • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

i was at a wedding and people were picking up gravel off the ground and throwing it... it didnt work out too well. gravel kind of hurts if you are struck by it hard enough.... i think going with bird seed or lavendar or somehing would be nice (rice swells in birds stomachs and can kill them)

ps..... i was joking about the gravel thing

Attached Files

#23 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

OK it's kind of pricy. With shipping it would be $22 each (plus the cost of shipping to 2 other people). That's for 8 cups of streamers. It does look really pretty & might not cost as much as rose petals.

#24 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

I just had to say, I really got a hearty giggle out of the title of this thread :)

#25 SDEMMI

SDEMMI
        • 61 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

We will have to nix the whole throwing thing - we are getting married on a cruise ship - and so far they have said No to all of our ideas. The ecofetti sounds really kewl though!!

#26 Daizy

Daizy
          • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

I love bubbles! Can't go wrong! Think only the guests on the ends of the aisle would blow them or throw the rice, confetti, etc? Or does everyone do it?

#27 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

We are doing bubbles - I love that streamer idea though - so cute! We are giving them to everyone - I bought them at OTC for 48 bottles I think it was around $5.

#28 Nrsggrl

Nrsggrl
              • 47 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Some guests at a wedding I saw on t.v. all had those sparklers that you light for celebrations, like birthdays, 4th of July etc... as the couple made their way out from the ceremony. That would be fun for an evening wedding/reception!

#29 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrsggrl
                  Some guests at a wedding I saw on t.v. all had those sparklers that you light for celebrations, like birthdays, 4th of July etc... as the couple made their way out from the ceremony. That would be fun for an evening wedding/reception!
                  My friend did this at her wedding. WARNING: do not give sparklers to your drunk guests. The sparkler slipped in my hand as I was waving it about and burned the CRAP out of my hand.
                  Happily married since 2008

#30 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    OK it's kind of pricy. With shipping it would be $22 each (plus the cost of shipping to 2 other people). That's for 8 cups of streamers. It does look really pretty & might not cost as much as rose petals.
                    I will do it Morgan. Just let me know when you decide to order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users