Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.Morley

October wedding or not???

I would be pretty concerned about the weather. But, if you are flexible if there's a hurricane or rain or something and wouldn't mind a last minute change to in-doors, I say go for it! I'm sure the prices are much cheaper.

I would be pretty concerned about the weather. But, if you are flexible if there's a hurricane or rain or something and wouldn't mind a last minute change to in-doors, I say go for it! I'm sure the prices are much cheaper.

I think it kinda depends on how many guests who will be having. If it's a super small number, than its easy to switch plans at the last minute and your wc should be able to help you out. i'm having about 70 so i'd be worried if my plans had to change.

good luck! fingers crossed for sunshine for you!!

Agreed, trip insurance is advisable for you and your guests. We decided on November 13th, which is the end of hurricane season but still a bit of a risk. Would you consider late October? That might be a little safer. We also have a large covered area in case of rain. Hopefully no hurricane though!

I agree with what others have said. Last time we vacationed there was Nov 1 - 7, and that was PERFECT! Just at the end of hurricane season.

We had to book a flight to Cancun based on a refund/credit w/ an airline and they wouldn't book more than an year in advance. So the LATEST we could do was Oct. 1 - 10.

Ideally, I would have done Nov 1 - 10.

Right now - our wedding is planned on October 4, and yes, it's definitely still hurricane season, however, it's just going to be 6 -8 guest max and no reception. We'll just do the beach gazebo.....

When we booked, I didn't even think about hurricane season and now I am sort of nervous. However, we had so many people throwing dates at us that they could not attend and we wanted to give our guests a lot of time to book flights. It really never occurred to me until I read an article that they think hurricane season will be even worse this year. We are advising everyone to get travel insurance just for this reason. However I feel bad that they have this added cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison15 View Post
When we booked, I didn't even think about hurricane season and now I am sort of nervous. However, we had so many people throwing dates at us that they could not attend and we wanted to give our guests a lot of time to book flights. It really never occurred to me until I read an article that they think hurricane season will be even worse this year. We are advising everyone to get travel insurance just for this reason. However I feel bad that they have this added cost.
I'm nervous too, but I've also seen examples of gorgeous weddings in October, with no hurricanes :)

See? Here's one from October 1 (the day before yours)
10.01.09 Christi and Scott | Excellence Riviera | Photos by Matt

I would have changed ours, cuz we don't have the hotel booked or site...but we already have our flights. AND my folks have already booked thier timeshare and flights too. The cost to change everything will be expensive.

ANY OTHER OCTOBER BRIDES HEREhuh.gif? We need support! :)

Hi, just wanted to say, we are getting married OCt. 10,2010 yes 10-10-10!!! Don't worry about it-- if you feel it in your heart then go for it---by that time: you'll be so excited just to marry your friend--you'll probably do it in the rain and that could make history!!! Go fot it! Congratulations!

Well you could look at it this way: if rain on your wedding day is good luck then a hurricane is REALLY good luck! (But seriously- I'd take your chances and go for it- but hedge your bets with trip insurance).

I'm an October bride as well. I'm getting married on 10/8/11 and I had some concerns about this as well. I checked with my WC and she said that October is the tail end of hurricane season. Therefore, I should have no worries. The riskier hurricane months are August and September. Most of my guest are traveling with children and some of my guest are teachers. This date is accomodating for my guest because it's columbus day weekend and it'll be a convenient time for travel, not to mention less expensive. I think it'll be fine and you shouldn't worry. I agree with everyone else, if it'll make you sleep better at night..... get insurance.