Sign in to follow this  
Philly_Bride

Paper Lanterns

I wonder how long the battery lasts... I can't imagine it running out in less than 5 hours, right? This would totally solve all my problems. I really wanted lanterns but the hotel supplier said it would cost 2,000 for all the lanterns and electrical work! Insane!

So, I know this is an older thread but thought others might be looking for these. I found similiar ones at Christmas Tree Shop today 2 for $3.00. They had aqua, green and pink solid colors and then some striped ones and ones with flowers on them. Two AAA batteries and light bulbs were included. I needed white too tho!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hi Kelly, we're getting married at the same place. I love the idea of paper lanterns. Where do you plan to put them? I was also considering a bunch of different rice paper votives as centerpieces. It seems like there isn't much lighting on the terrace?

Here is a great site for paper lanterns: Party & Wedding - Paper Lanterns, Parasols, Fans, Candle Holders, String Lights (Paper Lantern)

I haven't purchased anything from them yet but it seems to be pretty good!

Just a warning ladies. I bought them at Christmas Tree Shop and used them for a party. Some of them last maybe an hour or two but most went out before then. I didn't have time to run around changing batteries!

I bought the white ones from Bed Bath and Beyond, also. We plan on hanging strings of white Christmas lights between the palm trees, and hang the lanterns from them. We also are using a tent for our outdoor reception for over the dance floor, so we will hang them inside also. (possibly around the outer perimeter, off of the decor lights.)