Photo

Hidden Costs?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 AllureEventDesign

AllureEventDesign
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

Okay, semi-off topic but really.. your WC is charging you $200 - $350 per head seriously?? I don't mean to sound harsh but that is ridiculous.. A reputable planner (coordinator, consultant, designer, etc) will provide you with an estimate only after discussing what you have in mind. The estimate should be based on the estimated number of hours he/she will spend helping you research, organize, plan and execute your wedding and will/should charge on an hourly basis (think lawyer) for the services she is to provide.. definitely not per head.

Just my two cents.

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

that's not really a per head fee - just what it breaks down to. this includes EVERYTHING you need for the wedding. there is a lump sum fee (~$6000) then a $40/person fee, plus anything extra like photographer, cake, etc. I think Rachel was just breaking it down to what it actually costs per person. And also, this is for a 100% private evening on a secluded beach, including the boat ride to and from the marina!

#13 AllureEventDesign

AllureEventDesign
      • 115 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

hi.. I haven't figured out the 'quote' thing but I was referring to the opening post made by Duchess in which she mentiones the quote provided by a WC not LC... hope it makes sense!

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

ahhhh - got it.

FYI - see the 4 buttons at the bottom right corner of each post? the 2nd one from the right says "QUOTE" - just hit that button and it will automatically quote that post in your reply. make sense?

#15 AllureEventDesign

AllureEventDesign
          • 115 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

OMG Ann! I am such a dufuss... thanks.. very cool!!

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

no prob - the advanced option is the "multi-quote" - the MQ button next to the quote one. you hit "MQ" on multiple message if you want to quote a few of them in 1 response. then hit "QUOTE" on the last message. have fun!

#17 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

I'm inclined to agree with Vari! I almost think I know what WC quoted you that Duchess, there was another thread about WCs in PV awhile back...forget where, but this was discussed.

Anyhow, I'm with Rachel - what you get at LC is a complete package and like nothing most brides can get at the popular locations. LC should be charging $300 a head instead of $40 for what they offer. I think it is amazingly cheap!

#18 Duchess

Duchess
                • 358 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back...meetings all day!

It was EM Vallarta. I wasnt looking to use them for anything at LC. It was either LC or another place and planner.

I have seen other threads here about EM Vallarta, so I knew they were more, but let myself get panicked when she "everyone else has hidden costs".

Thanks!

#19 Pazoop

Pazoop
                  • 223 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

I actually specifically asked Kelley if there might be any unexpected costs. My FI and I were trying to figure out roughly what our budget needed to be and I wanted to know if we were being realistic to think that the price quoted would be the actual cost of the wedding.

She told me that there was nothing hidden and there would be no surprises unless I started asking for additions like more extravagant flowers, table centerpieces, etc. But even then she would let me know what something is going to cost before we go ahead with adding it on.

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
                    Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Duchess
                      Sorry it took me so long to get back...meetings all day!

It was EM Vallarta. I wasnt looking to use them for anything at LC. It was either LC or another place and planner.

I have seen other threads here about EM Vallarta, so I knew they were more, but let myself get panicked when she "everyone else has hidden costs".

Thanks!
                      Yup, that's the one! There really are no hidden costs at LC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users