Hey everyone, I have a question that I am hoping some of you might have some insight into, especially Las Caletas brides. I made contact with a wedding planner from a company that most of us have probably heard of, who quoted me $200-$350 per head. That sounded absurd, esp because not everything was even included in that. So I let her know that while I value their expertise, we are looking for a more economical solution.

She just wrote me back saying that in her experience the lower priced planners have many hidden costs. That doesnt really seem possible, at least not with Las Caletas, because the invoice really put everything possible in black & white. Furthermore, the other place seems like it is 2x the price, so I cant image over $10K in hidden charges, right?

So I guess my long winded question is what have you experienced as far as hidden costs, especially insights into Las Caletas.

I think this other place (Not Las Caletas) is trying to take me for a ride!smile41.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, no, I would use Nicole. My heart is set on LC, but since I don't see it until March 20th or so, I figured I should see a few other places just in case I don't fall madly in love. So I was going to speak with one other planner just in case.

But I guess the main thing is that I will most likely use LC and Nicole or Kelley. I just wanted to find out if what the other planner said is true, that the lower priced places have hidden costs.

Did you experience hidden costs at Las Caletas?

To me, it sounds like the other WC is just trying to justify her costs in hopes that you don't know any better. I wouldn't call LC a "lower priced" place either. The thing is that you pay x amount per head for apps, dinner, alcohol, boat ride, ect. Then you also pay the "total package" price. Not really sure what that covers, but it ensures a private event, a beautiful location and an unique wedding experience to blow your guests away. You can add extras but the cost to add the extra is up front and advertised on their website. It doesn't change per bride so you don't have that "cheated" feeling when you find out someone else got something cheaper than you.

I guess I don't know what would be hidden - it's all pretty clear on their website and initial estimate they send you. It's the package price, plus a per head fee. Then if you want to add cake, more flowers, the photographer, etc. - then it's more. But the exact cost of those is listed on their website - it's the only place I've seen where it's so spelled out actually!

And I agree with Rachel, not sure I'd call that a "lower priced" option either. Or at least I don't know how you can compare that WC with Caletas. With her, you'd be paying for her services, whereas with Caletas you're paying for the services of Nicole and Kelley, along with the site, the food, the transportation, etc.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that LC is a cheapy way to go at all. I fell in love with everything I saw, and was blown away by the entire location, service, everything. I just wanted to be absolutely sure that there couldn't be anything added that wasn't at least spelled out. By lower cost, I meant lower that the astronomical price quote I got from another LC.

Nicole gave me a sample invoice which really did have everything listed, so when the other WC said that if I found anything less $$ than what they were offering, it was probably hidden costs that made up the difference. I couldn't understand how that could be. I just wanted to check with more experienced people than myself!

LC was the first place I saw that got me really, really excited. Before that, I was a little nervous about how everything would go and how hard it would be coordinate. I feel great about it now!

Thanks for all the quick responses.

Oh I didn't take it as you calling it "cheap." I just didn't want you think it was an unexpensive alternative. Just the "wedding day" aspect of the wedding is a little over $6000. I only have 20 guests so I guess I did spend nearly $300 per head when all is said and done. Keep in mind this figure is for everything- gratuities, transportation, decor, food, alcohol, taking people over to Las Caletas early, etc.

However I think there is a BIG difference between paying $300 per head to have a 3 hour sit down wedding at a resort than to have a wedding in which you pay for a secluded area complete with a catamaran and seven hours of open bar. To me, it's more like an event.

Yeah, I agree with you. If I have around 50 or 55 people, it does end up over $200 a head. But that is pretty much including everything. The other place, that doesn't even include THE LOCATION!!!

I have seen other threads with regard to that particular company, but I wasn't sure I should say their name. But it seems like other people had a similar experience. I wonder if anyone who uses this site end up using them!?

Thanks again for all of your help!

this is the place to mention the name - that's what we're here for, to share info.!

also keep in mind, if something is a little more expensive at LC, it could be because the vendor has to travel by boat out to the location and can't just come and go. i didn't go with any "outside" vendors that Caletas didn't hook me up with (flowers, DJ, minister, cake, etc.), other than my photographer, so i didn't shop around much.