Jump to content
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

also, about the menu options, Im not sure what the luxury package has but I did the classical package and had red snapper and beef tournedo, both excellent!! I had so many good comments about the snapper I wish I would have only done that one!! As for "american" im not sure either but there isn't anything that is super weird on the menu. They have weird names but everything is very very good. I mean if us nebraska folk love it it must be good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Hi Luna!!

Ok I just got back from my wedding and all I can say is the dance floor is sooooo worth it!! Everyone commented how cool it was and I got some great pics out of it. I think it just got the mood going, ya know?!

For all brides doing cocktail hour. . . NOT WORTH IT. period. Actually most of my guests left to back to their rooms. None of the food was eaten and they only serve champagne. THis is actually my ONLY complaint of the whole wedding!!! It was so hot outside and they only provide one tiny umbrella.

Review to come. . . I am sooo depressed, I want to go back to mexicosad.gif
Really about the cocktail hourhuh.gif sad.gif I cannot believe it is not open bar that just seems so wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's the funny fence incident. We climbed this fence on government land to get to the spot where we were photographed the sunrise coast shot. I climbed that fence in a skirt and my photog shot it! LOL smile117.gif

 

We left the Gran Porto at 4:30 am to get this shot on the coast! I love it. I'm going to print it HUGE on canvas for my living room wall. It was photographed about 1/2 mile south of the Tulum ruins. You have to drive a back road and climb through the jungle to get there. Totally worth it!

 

We got the shot on the swings right after we were married. The swings are located on the Gran property.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Hi Luna!!

Ok I just got back from my wedding and all I can say is the dance floor is sooooo worth it!! Everyone commented how cool it was and I got some great pics out of it. I think it just got the mood going, ya know?!

For all brides doing cocktail hour. . . NOT WORTH IT. period. Actually most of my guests left to back to their rooms. None of the food was eaten and they only serve champagne. THis is actually my ONLY complaint of the whole wedding!!! It was so hot outside and they only provide one tiny umbrella.

Review to come. . . I am sooo depressed, I want to go back to mexicosad.gif
Good to know on the cocktail hour. I didn't want to do one bc I was thinking it would be that way so thank you for giving me peace of mind :)

Awww! I'm sorry you're back at home! I don't even want to think about how quickly its all going to go. Just closer your eyes and imagine you're back there lalala.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR View Post
Ok here's the funny fence incident. We climbed this fence on government land to get to the spot where we were photographed the sunrise coast shot. I climbed that fence in a skirt and my photog shot it! LOL smile117.gif

We left the Gran Porto at 4:30 am to get this shot on the coast! I love it. I'm going to print it HUGE on canvas for my living room wall. It was photographed about 1/2 mile south of the Tulum ruins. You have to drive a back road and climb through the jungle to get there. Totally worth it!

We got the shot on the swings right after we were married. The swings are located on the Gran property.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
WOW!! That is beautiful!!

Way to scale that fence, lady! It was definitely worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Candicemarie you are awesome!!! I have been looking everywhere to because I don't want the hassle of getting to Playa and running around getting 80 maracas haahah, thank you so much!!!
No prob!! I was thinking the same thing (except not 80! dang girl, that would def not be a fun search while on vacation!) so I was determined to find some before we left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
No prob!! I was thinking the same thing (except not 80! dang girl, that would def not be a fun search while on vacation!) so I was determined to find some before we left.
I know ans especially because than I would need to put all the tags on them while on vacation! lol

Who wants to say to your MOH and BM's i know we are on vacation but tonight we have to do the tags on the maracas ahahah I was thinking if it was me I would be like ummmm no lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR View Post
Here's our first wedding pic! I'm still in Tulum, but I couldn't wait to post the first one!

Click the image to open in full size.

More to come later!
Beautiful pic! The fence pic is hilarious! The other ones are so beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
I was just curious when everyone was booking their flights down to Cancun?
We booked ours back in January. Everyone who is coming (23 so far) all booked theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna1923 View Post
SHould I or nothuh.gif!??!? Do I get the damn dance floor for $700?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
It looks so great and have so many great reviews that we booked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
YAY my invites are finally done!!!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...9/#post1298523
Very cool! They turned out nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i'm tan, married, and happy. we have a few days of the honeymoon left to enjoy before heading home.
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post

I went ahead and posted them below so y'all can at least see them, but PM me w/your email address if you want the higher resolution pics.
I am pming you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
No prob!! I was thinking the same thing (except not 80! dang girl, that would def not be a fun search while on vacation!) so I was determined to find some before we left.
I was going to do this, but not sure I wanna pack them up. I'll already have so much stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
I know ans especially because than I would need to put all the tags on them while on vacation! lol

Who wants to say to your MOH and BM's i know we are on vacation but tonight we have to do the tags on the maracas ahahah I was thinking if it was me I would be like ummmm no lol
I brought a ton to the pool and had them help me. While they laid out they put the tags on and got a tan...worked out perfectly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...