Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2651 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
  • Jr. Member
  • 233 posts

    Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jesmcan
    Hi Lisa not at all I am flattered


    So just un update on the Royal I'm sorry but I have to vent

    So I have been trying to cancel my reception and get someone to confirm this for me. It has been over three months that I have been trying to do this. I want something and writing and to make sure that I dont get charged for it. Never heard from Angie ever. Than I got passed on to a woman named Carol Cohen. Not only was she so rude on the phone but she proceeded to tell me that Angie has been so busy and everyone has so much to do since Kimberly quit. I wanted to say if I worked with you I would have quit to.

    Anyways I finally contacted my TA Jill and told her I am going to cancel the entire thing unless I get someone who knows what they are doing. Thank god for Jill she really keeps me sane. Well now I am working with only Zulma who I feel bad got passed all my stuff just because the US office can't do their job. I know she is so busy there, every day there are weddings.

    This is what I wrote to Carol verbatum

    "Hi Carol,

    We just spoke on the phone. See the e-mail below I sent last Wednesday. Also I would like to know if there is someone higher up in your office? I can find out from my Travel Agent but I thought I would check with you first. At this point we are really considering canceling. I would like to speak with someone about this and someone that can help me.

    I understand you guys are very busy and it seems over whelmed. However I am really appalled at the level of customer service. We have 100 plus guests coming and I am no longer confident that the Royal can meet our needs. There is no excuse for sending six e-mails and leaving four voice mails and still not having anyone get back to me.


    In addition there have been several changes in fees and the rates. I have asked several times to get something in writing to confirm that I am locked in. I have never received a contract or anything in writing."


    Do you guys know she had the nerve to pass my e-mail onto Zulma and said this (I am copying and pasting this), "can someone take this over. we have answered 1000 questions and they are still coming and she is now not happy with our not answering fast enough.pls contact her and answer this lot of questions."

    She can't even spell or write correctly - and here are my 1000's of questions lol

    Since we are changing to the Free wedding would the only charge be the $10 per person for real guests for the cocktail hour?
    How many food choices are included in the cocktail hour and does the $10 per person also include open bar?
    What is the price for kids for the cocktail hour?
    How long does a legal ceremony last?
    We have our own photographer and before it was $100 fee for him. Do we still have to pay this fee to have him at the resort for just the ceremony and cocktail hour?
    What level room do we need to stay in for 5 night or more in order to have the judge included for our ceremony?
    Right after the cocktail hour we will be going next door to Kool Beach Club with all our guests for our reception. Since we are already paying for the mariachi band can we have them walk with us over to our reception location?
    After we put a deposit and made our selections last July we still have never received a contract or anything in writing from your office.
    Now that we have 100% solidified our plans I would really appreciate it if I could get all this in writing from your office and a formal contract.

    Ok so maybe it was a lot of questions but 1,000's and isn't this what your job is?? I'm so sorry ladies to vent like this but I just had to. I don't even know what to do anymore. At this point I wish that we did not have people booked at this resort including ourselves because I would have never stayed

    And now reading the latest review of a wedding there about the issues with the prices. Who wants to deal with that on their wedding week? Let me tell you I don't.

    On a postive note I am getting my dress this weekend :) sorry again to vent like this but thank god for you ladies. Thanks for listening and all your support.
    Wow, this is insane! I can't believe they are being this way. That past review worried me a bit too. I also read on a different site that a honeymoon couple went down and they booked out two beds instead of one too. I just emailed my TA to see if there is anything she can do to help with that. I'm not sure how it all works, but I would like to avoid it if at all possible.
    I can tell you that when I spoke to Angie on the phone a while back she told me the legal ceremony was about 15-30 minutes depending on if you wanted to say your own vows and if you wanted to do a sand cermony or something like it. But without those things she said it was only about 15 minutes long. Hope that helps

    #2652 RaychelRae

    RaychelRae
    • Jr. Member
    • 446 posts

      Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by becks1581
      Raychel,
      The WCs in Michigan are the initial contact for booking your wedding at the Royal. Since you (usually) don't get passed on to the coordinator at the resort until pretty close to your wedding date, the US coordinators remain the contact when you have a question re: pricing, schedules, etc. As you have read, service from the coordinators has been pretty poor. I have not heard anything negative about how brides are treated from the wedding staff in Mexico.
      If you're just booking rooms at the resort, you won't need to go through the WCs. This can be done directly through you or your TA and the resort or tour operator.
      Does that help at all?
      Immensely! Thank you!

      #2653 LynnieS

      LynnieS
      • Jr. Member
      • 319 posts

        Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

        Ok, I finally got confirmation that my wedding with be at 2pm (phew!) and reception at 6pm. Other than the cocktail hour does anyone have any suggestions of what to do for the three hours in between for my guests. I don't want them just hanging around confused!!
        yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

        #2654 Lady_Di

        Lady_Di
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,078 posts

          Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jennieestelle
          My wedding is next Saturday at The Royal. I know the wc in Michigan have been very busy with all of the new changes of employees, but I still have many questions that have not been answered. Also I have not been contacted by my actual wc at The Royal, ugh. I am trying to not worry and just hope that once I am down there that everything will be taken care of. I would love to know if any past Royal brides just figured out all the last minute details once arriving at The Royal. When reading everyones reviews of weddings at The Royal, it sounds like they meet with the wc when they arrive and figure out the details. I would love any advice from past brides. Thanks!
          I would call the resort directly!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LynnieS
          Ok, I finally got confirmation that my wedding with be at 2pm (phew!) and reception at 6pm. Other than the cocktail hour does anyone have any suggestions of what to do for the three hours in between for my guests. I don't want them just hanging around confused!!
          I don't think that will be a problem..they can go back to their rooms to fresh up or take a nap.

          #2655 ~Stephanie~

          ~Stephanie~
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,347 posts

            Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jennieestelle
            My wedding is next Saturday at The Royal. I know the wc in Michigan have been very busy with all of the new changes of employees, but I still have many questions that have not been answered. Also I have not been contacted by my actual wc at The Royal, ugh. I am trying to not worry and just hope that once I am down there that everything will be taken care of. I would love to know if any past Royal brides just figured out all the last minute details once arriving at The Royal. When reading everyones reviews of weddings at The Royal, it sounds like they meet with the wc when they arrive and figure out the details. I would love any advice from past brides. Thanks!
            YOU NEED TO CALL THEM ASAP!! I don't know when you booked but you were supposed to be working with a WC at the resort by now! Everything was to be confirmed 45 days before your arrival and you are supposed to schedule an appointment to go over the details BEFORE you arrive. My wedding is in June but Zulma has already schedule our meeting for the day before my wedding at 10:00am.

            I can give you phone numbers- This is Zulma's info:

            Tel. : + 52 (984) 877-29-00 Ext. 4014

            Dir: : + 52 (984) 877-29-14

            Fax : + 52 (984) 877-29-64

            E-mail: zdominguez@realresorts.com
            ~Stephanie

            Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

            #2656 EmenGeeRoxx

            EmenGeeRoxx
            • Jr. Member
            • 279 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

            Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

            I am pretty disappointed in Zulma. She never emailed or returned my calls regarding my deposit. She said I could use my deposit for a massage. We actually went down to the Royal last Sunday but the Wedding Center was closed. It is actually a huge designated office so not sure how they can be so overwhelmed. The place where I got married has weddings almost daily and the coordinator there was on point and so responsive.

            #2657 diana&steve0304

            diana&steve0304
            • Newbie
            • 40 posts

              Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by candicemarie
              Hi celine!
              I'm using Vicotor and so are a few other ladies on BDW (see below), but he doesn't have any reviews on here, yet. I randomly stumbled upon him while searching online for a photog in our budget. He seems like a super sweet guy, very responsive, very good pricing and his pics are beautiful so I would definitely recommend him from what I've experienced up to this point Good luck!
              Hi candicemarie!!

              I'm also working with Victor's group. Did you already put your 50% deposit with Victor? They sent me the contract this week and I signed my part and am waiting to get the final copy with their signature on it but I still haven't gotten it yet. I feel strange making the deposit without first getting back their signed copy. How did you do it?

              Thanks!

              Diana

              #2658 ~Stephanie~

              ~Stephanie~
              • Sr. Member
              • 3,347 posts

                Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx
                I am pretty disappointed in Zulma. She never emailed or returned my calls regarding my deposit. She said I could use my deposit for a massage. We actually went down to the Royal last Sunday but the Wedding Center was closed. It is actually a huge designated office so not sure how they can be so overwhelmed. The place where I got married has weddings almost daily and the coordinator there was on point and so responsive.
                I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you wedding was amazing! Welcome back!
                ~Stephanie

                Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

                #2659 EmenGeeRoxx

                EmenGeeRoxx
                • Jr. Member
                • 279 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

                Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you wedding was amazing! Welcome back!
                Wedding was amazing :) Perfect week and perfect day. The Zulma thing is just a small annoyance. Everything else was just perfect. I can only wish the same for all of you. The feelings and experiences are indescribable. You will all love it when your time comes :)

                #2660 jesmcan

                jesmcan
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,091 posts

                  Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                  Wow, this is insane! I can't believe they are being this way. That past review worried me a bit too. I also read on a different site that a honeymoon couple went down and they booked out two beds instead of one too. I just emailed my TA to see if there is anything she can do to help with that. I'm not sure how it all works, but I would like to avoid it if at all possible.
                  I can tell you that when I spoke to Angie on the phone a while back she told me the legal ceremony was about 15-30 minutes depending on if you wanted to say your own vows and if you wanted to do a sand cermony or something like it. But without those things she said it was only about 15 minutes long. Hope that helps
                  It does thank you so much :)
                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users