Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I know, it has to be disheartening for girls who are reading this and considering the Royal.

La Cueva del Chango looks cool! They will definitely like that. Are you just inviting your wedding party? I'm not sure what the general rule of thumb is there.
That is a tough one for us. FI doesn't want to invite everyone because our budget is tight but right now we only have 31 people coming and we are doing 30-35 people. if only 31 people are coming then all of them can go...I figure that we just only invite the people that we want to attend then nobody else has to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerazo View Post
HI Lady Di.

Do you have the contact infor for the director at La Cueva del Chango? Did you speak with him over the phone about the menu you are looking for or was this all done over email? the location looks awesome! i wonder if they decorate it special at night with lights... i think i might consider having my rehearsal dinner there cuz the price looks great!

Any help you can offer would be great!
I def think they decorate it with lights at night. PM me your email and I will forward you the menus he sent me. This is done by email. He can write/speak english fluently. This restaurant was highly recommended by Del Sol.

Everyone else, you can just go to the website and fill out the contact info and Andres will get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a great idea for a rehearsal dinner. My MIL wants a rehearsal dinner, it doesn't really matter much to me. But I am just not crazy about having to choose from the same meal for the wedding and rehearsal. This would be a great option! I will have to tell her about it. Lady_Di, if I PM you, could you also send me the menus? Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
Hi -
I'm using Events & Weddings Cancun. They have really nice lounge furniture and have been really quick to get back to me.

Jen

Hi Jen,
Is the Royal charging you the outside vendor fee for using the Events & Wedding company? Their furniture looks beautiful. Are their prices reasonable?

Louise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I got them to commit to the $100 fee in writing phheewwwww. I mean I put my deposit down in July. I was going to fight this one tooth and nail and guess what another point for bride :). Don't worry girls with the help of our TA's every single one of us will have a beautiful wedding day. Just keep everything in writing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Ok so I got them to commit to the $100 fee in writing phheewwwww. I mean I put my deposit down in July. I was going to fight this one tooth and nail and guess what another point for bride :). Don't worry girls with the help of our TA's every single one of us will have a beautiful wedding day. Just keep everything in writing lol

Good for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
She is rude to you? wth? that is unacceptable!! She is my WC and I am going on 2 1/2 weeks without a reply and it is laughable. I wonder if the Royal knows that these contracted people in Michigan are not giving good support.

I think we have become a little jaded because they have pretty much been terrible to all of us and we are letting it slide too much. I wonder what (if anything) Real Resorts would do if given the link to this thread?
Believe me-they have already been given the link to this thread!

The big wigs from Royal have gone into the office in Michigan last week and are working on the problems. Hopefully they will be able to quickly get things streamlined and back on track.

I do have to say that many of the WC's are truly trying their best-once when I was on the phone I heard one in the background nearly in tears saying that she is trying so hard and really trying her best but some of the brides are so mean to her and just hate her as they only want Kimberly (she took over for Kimberly).

I understand that it is amazingly frustrating but please remember that these ladies are really trying and that a little kindness may go a long way!

Of course they are a few well.....no matter what you do they will still take forever uggghhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jennifer View Post
Believe me-they have already been given the link to this thread!

The big wigs from Royal have gone into the office in Michigan last week and are working on the problems. Hopefully they will be able to quickly get things streamlined and back on track.

I do have to say that many of the WC's are truly trying their best-once when I was on the phone I heard one in the background nearly in tears saying that she is trying so hard and really trying her best but some of the brides are so mean to her and just hate her as they only want Kimberly (she took over for Kimberly).

I understand that it is amazingly frustrating but please remember that these ladies are really trying and that a little kindness may go a long way!

Of course they are a few well.....no matter what you do they will still take forever uggghhhh
I can understand the tears but the thing is why are they so rude and mean. I have never shouted or yelled and even now I try to be as kind as can be. I must say sorry to bug you in every e-mail I write to them. Yet they never seem to know what its going on.

I am glad to see that someone is looking to get this straightened out. I mean ultimately they are clearly overwhelmed. Its the fault of the big wigs in that case for not properly supporting their staff and letting them get burnt out.

Thanks Jill for the update its really appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
I can understand the tears but the thing is why are they so rude and mean. I have never shouted or yelled and even now I try to be as kind as can be. I must say sorry to bug you in every e-mail I write to them. Yet they never seem to know what its going on.

I am glad to see that someone is looking to get this straightened out. I mean ultimately they are clearly overwhelmed. Its the fault of the big wigs in that case for not properly supporting their staff and letting them get burnt out.

Thanks Jill for the update its really appreciated.
There is absolutey no call for rude or mean-at all! And I do know exactly who you are speaking about!

Firts step to recovery is acknowledging the problem (LOL) so hopefully all will work out soon! ( Hopefully very very soon! ) as a TA at the end of some weeks assisting my brides with them I need this shots.gif

Of course themn I will need my own 12 step program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHA Jennifer, first drink is on me!

 

I have always given sugar, spice and everything nice in my emails (for fear of retribution lol) too.

 

Thanks for giving us the info; it does make me feel better because I was actually in tears last night (and I'm not one who usually cries) because I thought I would have to find another resort for my wedding (I even emailed Gran Sirenis last night). This does make me feel better and I hope that the good wedding coordinators get rewarded and better staffing/help so that they are not overwhelmed either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×