Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Hi Lisa not at all I am flattered blush2.gif


So just un update on the Royal censored.gif I'm sorry but I have to vent

So I have been trying to cancel my reception and get someone to confirm this for me. It has been over three months that I have been trying to do this. I want something and writing and to make sure that I dont get charged for it. Never heard from Angie ever. Than I got passed on to a woman named Carol Cohen. Not only was she so rude on the phone but she proceeded to tell me that Angie has been so busy and everyone has so much to do since Kimberly quit. I wanted to say if I worked with you I would have quit to.

Anyways I finally contacted my TA Jill and told her I am going to cancel the entire thing unless I get someone who knows what they are doing. Thank god for Jill she really keeps me sane. Well now I am working with only Zulma who I feel bad got passed all my stuff just because the US office can't do their job. I know she is so busy there, every day there are weddings.

This is what I wrote to Carol verbatum

"Hi Carol,

We just spoke on the phone. See the e-mail below I sent last Wednesday. Also I would like to know if there is someone higher up in your office? I can find out from my Travel Agent but I thought I would check with you first. At this point we are really considering canceling. I would like to speak with someone about this and someone that can help me.

I understand you guys are very busy and it seems over whelmed. However I am really appalled at the level of customer service. We have 100 plus guests coming and I am no longer confident that the Royal can meet our needs. There is no excuse for sending six e-mails and leaving four voice mails and still not having anyone get back to me.


In addition there have been several changes in fees and the rates. I have asked several times to get something in writing to confirm that I am locked in. I have never received a contract or anything in writing."


Do you guys know she had the nerve to pass my e-mail onto Zulma and said this (I am copying and pasting this), "can someone take this over. we have answered 1000 questions and they are still coming and she is now not happy with our not answering fast enough.pls contact her and answer this lot of questions."

She can't even spell or write correctly - and here are my 1000's of questions lol

Since we are changing to the Free wedding would the only charge be the $10 per person for real guests for the cocktail hour?
How many food choices are included in the cocktail hour and does the $10 per person also include open bar?
What is the price for kids for the cocktail hour?
How long does a legal ceremony last?
We have our own photographer and before it was $100 fee for him. Do we still have to pay this fee to have him at the resort for just the ceremony and cocktail hour?
What level room do we need to stay in for 5 night or more in order to have the judge included for our ceremony?
Right after the cocktail hour we will be going next door to Kool Beach Club with all our guests for our reception. Since we are already paying for the mariachi band can we have them walk with us over to our reception location?
After we put a deposit and made our selections last July we still have never received a contract or anything in writing from your office.
Now that we have 100% solidified our plans I would really appreciate it if I could get all this in writing from your office and a formal contract.

Ok so maybe it was a lot of questions but 1,000's and isn't this what your job is?? I'm so sorry ladies to vent like this but I just had to. I don't even know what to do anymore. At this point I wish that we did not have people booked at this resort including ourselves because I would have never stayed sad.gif

And now reading the latest review of a wedding there about the issues with the prices. Who wants to deal with that on their wedding week? Let me tell you I don't.

On a postive note I am getting my dress this weekend :) sorry again to vent like this but thank god for you ladies. Thanks for listening and all your support.
Wow, this is insane! I can't believe they are being this way. That past review worried me a bit too. I also read on a different site that a honeymoon couple went down and they booked out two beds instead of one too. I just emailed my TA to see if there is anything she can do to help with that. I'm not sure how it all works, but I would like to avoid it if at all possible.
I can tell you that when I spoke to Angie on the phone a while back she told me the legal ceremony was about 15-30 minutes depending on if you wanted to say your own vows and if you wanted to do a sand cermony or something like it. But without those things she said it was only about 15 minutes long. Hope that helps grouphug.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
Raychel,
The WCs in Michigan are the initial contact for booking your wedding at the Royal. Since you (usually) don't get passed on to the coordinator at the resort until pretty close to your wedding date, the US coordinators remain the contact when you have a question re: pricing, schedules, etc. As you have read, service from the coordinators has been pretty poor. I have not heard anything negative about how brides are treated from the wedding staff in Mexico.
If you're just booking rooms at the resort, you won't need to go through the WCs. This can be done directly through you or your TA and the resort or tour operator.
Does that help at all?
Immensely! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I finally got confirmation that my wedding with be at 2pm (phew!) and reception at 6pm. Other than the cocktail hour does anyone have any suggestions of what to do for the three hours in between for my guests. I don't want them just hanging around confused!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieestelle View Post
My wedding is next Saturday at The Royal. I know the wc in Michigan have been very busy with all of the new changes of employees, but I still have many questions that have not been answered. Also I have not been contacted by my actual wc at The Royal, ugh. I am trying to not worry and just hope that once I am down there that everything will be taken care of. I would love to know if any past Royal brides just figured out all the last minute details once arriving at The Royal. When reading everyones reviews of weddings at The Royal, it sounds like they meet with the wc when they arrive and figure out the details. I would love any advice from past brides. Thanks!
I would call the resort directly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Ok, I finally got confirmation that my wedding with be at 2pm (phew!) and reception at 6pm. Other than the cocktail hour does anyone have any suggestions of what to do for the three hours in between for my guests. I don't want them just hanging around confused!!
I don't think that will be a problem..they can go back to their rooms to fresh up or take a nap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieestelle View Post
My wedding is next Saturday at The Royal. I know the wc in Michigan have been very busy with all of the new changes of employees, but I still have many questions that have not been answered. Also I have not been contacted by my actual wc at The Royal, ugh. I am trying to not worry and just hope that once I am down there that everything will be taken care of. I would love to know if any past Royal brides just figured out all the last minute details once arriving at The Royal. When reading everyones reviews of weddings at The Royal, it sounds like they meet with the wc when they arrive and figure out the details. I would love any advice from past brides. Thanks!
YOU NEED TO CALL THEM ASAP!! I don't know when you booked but you were supposed to be working with a WC at the resort by now! Everything was to be confirmed 45 days before your arrival and you are supposed to schedule an appointment to go over the details BEFORE you arrive. My wedding is in June but Zulma has already schedule our meeting for the day before my wedding at 10:00am.

I can give you phone numbers- This is Zulma's info:

Tel. : + 52 (984) 877-29-00 Ext. 4014

Dir: : + 52 (984) 877-29-14

Fax : + 52 (984) 877-29-64

E-mail: zdominguez@realresorts.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty disappointed in Zulma. She never emailed or returned my calls regarding my deposit. She said I could use my deposit for a massage. We actually went down to the Royal last Sunday but the Wedding Center was closed. It is actually a huge designated office so not sure how they can be so overwhelmed. The place where I got married has weddings almost daily and the coordinator there was on point and so responsive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
Hi celine!
I'm using Vicotor and so are a few other ladies on BDW (see below), but he doesn't have any reviews on here, yet. I randomly stumbled upon him while searching online for a photog in our budget. He seems like a super sweet guy, very responsive, very good pricing and his pics are beautiful so I would definitely recommend him from what I've experienced up to this point msnwink.gif Good luck!
Hi candicemarie!!

I'm also working with Victor's group. Did you already put your 50% deposit with Victor? They sent me the contract this week and I signed my part and am waiting to get the final copy with their signature on it but I still haven't gotten it yet. I feel strange making the deposit without first getting back their signed copy. How did you do it?

Thanks!

Diana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx View Post
I am pretty disappointed in Zulma. She never emailed or returned my calls regarding my deposit. She said I could use my deposit for a massage. We actually went down to the Royal last Sunday but the Wedding Center was closed. It is actually a huge designated office so not sure how they can be so overwhelmed. The place where I got married has weddings almost daily and the coordinator there was on point and so responsive.
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you wedding was amazing! Welcome back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you wedding was amazing! Welcome back!
Wedding was amazing :) Perfect week and perfect day. The Zulma thing is just a small annoyance. Everything else was just perfect. I can only wish the same for all of you. The feelings and experiences are indescribable. You will all love it when your time comes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
Wow, this is insane! I can't believe they are being this way. That past review worried me a bit too. I also read on a different site that a honeymoon couple went down and they booked out two beds instead of one too. I just emailed my TA to see if there is anything she can do to help with that. I'm not sure how it all works, but I would like to avoid it if at all possible.
I can tell you that when I spoke to Angie on the phone a while back she told me the legal ceremony was about 15-30 minutes depending on if you wanted to say your own vows and if you wanted to do a sand cermony or something like it. But without those things she said it was only about 15 minutes long. Hope that helps grouphug.gif
It does thank you so much :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×