Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie View Post
Once again, I've let quite a lot of time slip away since last posting. But, our engagement is now official. Yay! We're now exploring more affordable options, even though we were previously completely sold on The Royal. I'm concerned it would be too much of a burden for our guests.

My question: Have any of you used Tammy's company to put together packages for you? I'm curious about what kind of turn-around time I should expect. I sent off an email request on Monday, but still haven't heard back. I'd really like to use her company since this forum has been so helpful for me, but I'm thinking about calling some others...At the same time, I don't want to be unreasonable, but it seems like I should have heard back by now. Anyone have any insight?
Why don't you look at Gran Porto which is next to The Royal?

I am using TA Jennifer right now. I would e-mail them again if I were you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie View Post
Once again, I've let quite a lot of time slip away since last posting. But, our engagement is now official. Yay! We're now exploring more affordable options, even though we were previously completely sold on The Royal. I'm concerned it would be too much of a burden for our guests.

My question: Have any of you used Tammy's company to put together packages for you? I'm curious about what kind of turn-around time I should expect. I sent off an email request on Monday, but still haven't heard back. I'd really like to use her company since this forum has been so helpful for me, but I'm thinking about calling some others...At the same time, I don't want to be unreasonable, but it seems like I should have heard back by now. Anyone have any insight?
Yay Congrats! And your back! woot.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Why don't you look at Gran Porto which is next to The Royal?

I am using TA Jennifer right now. I would e-mail them again if I were you.
I am curious for anyone using a TA from this site or elsewhere, what kind of packages are you getting for The Royal? Are your TA's getting you any discounts or specials? I am worried that my TA isn't doing all she can for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
I am curious for anyone using a TA from this site or elsewhere, what kind of packages are you getting for The Royal? Are your TA's getting you any discounts or specials? I am worried that my TA isn't doing all she can for me.
I am not sure yet because we are in the beginning stages of planning. If you are not happy with your TA then you should look elsewhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
IF it were me I would still stay at the Royal. You can go hang out with the at the Gran they just can't come to the Royal, so not a huge deal. Also the beach is public, you can spend time together on the beach and on 5th Avenue. Then for dinner you will just have to join them at the Gran.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
We are expecting that most of our family/friends will be staying at Gran so we are staying there until our wedding day then we'll stay there for our honeymoon.

Like Stephanie says, you can just go and visit them!
Thanks Stephanie & Lady Di! Those both are easy enough solutions! I guess it really isn't that big of a deal, lol. I think I just started overthinking it (as usual ha!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie View Post
Once again, I've let quite a lot of time slip away since last posting. But, our engagement is now official. Yay! We're now exploring more affordable options, even though we were previously completely sold on The Royal. I'm concerned it would be too much of a burden for our guests.

My question: Have any of you used Tammy's company to put together packages for you? I'm curious about what kind of turn-around time I should expect. I sent off an email request on Monday, but still haven't heard back. I'd really like to use her company since this forum has been so helpful for me, but I'm thinking about calling some others...At the same time, I don't want to be unreasonable, but it seems like I should have heard back by now. Anyone have any insight?
Congrats on the official engagement!!! I was looking around at others, too, but once I saw the Royal, I had to have it haha! Some of my guests will be staying at the Gran Porto so def check that, out like Lady Di suggested. You can still have your wedding at the Royal, even if you're staying at the Gran.

When we first decided on a destination wedding, I looked into Cabo and was going to work w/Tammy. But the flights from DFW were like 8hrs w/layovers so I decided not do Cabo so I cancelled on Tammy frown.gif I did have to email a couple times for the first contact (once through PM to Tammy and once by clicking on the banner at the top of the page), but once she had my info it only took a couple days for a reply.

I'm, actually, trying to decide whether I should use a TA or just call up Funjet or something like that and see what they can offer. I'll let y'all know what kind of deals I find out from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
Congrats on the official engagement!!! I was looking around at others, too, but once I saw the Royal, I had to have it haha! Some of my guests will be staying at the Gran Porto so def check that, out like Lady Di suggested. You can still have your wedding at the Royal, even if you're staying at the Gran.
Actually to clarify, Kimberly told me that I had to reserve a room at The Royal in order to have my wedding there so my plan is for us to stay at Gran before the wedding and check in at the Royal on the wedding day. I hope it won't be too crazy that day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Yay Congrats! And your back! woot.gif
Aww...thanks!

And thanks to all of you. I'll send another email and I'll check at Gran again. But if I'm remembering correcting, it didn't seem like their prices were that much lower...but it has been awhile. LOTS of things have changed at Royal over the last year (I can't keep up!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
I'm so beyond confused with the menu thing. Tutti I sent what I got but it was from last Feb. so I don't know if thins have changed.

So I'm going to have about 50 people and I was comparing the Luxury and the Ultimate Luxury package and I found that they're both the same except that the Ultimate includes a coctail reception and also they do a large cake.

Has anyone gotten a price on a welcome coctail reception?? We'd like to do something for everyone in lieu of a rehearsal dinner.

Also, I know it's random, but are the centerpieces included or are they extra?? I'm really confused now with what is included and what's not.
The only reason I dont like the welcome cruise is because its only for 15 people, and I think thats retarted especially when the package is for up to 50 people, now I believe thats already included in the package price, however if you go to the royals wedding site, which they recently updated and find the link for extravagent upgrades(something to that effect) it shows you the exact prices for everything,for a 2nd yacht or a bigger and thats obvs' for more people. I think the smaller one was $300 an hour with a min' of 2 or 3 hours and the bigger cruise boat was $400. But they do list prices for the centerpieces as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Actually to clarify, Kimberly told me that I had to reserve a room at The Royal in order to have my wedding there so my plan is for us to stay at Gran before the wedding and check in at the Royal on the wedding day. I hope it won't be too crazy that day!
Oh! Thanks for clairifying, LadyDi! That is definitely good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×