Photo

How long did you date before enagaged?

• Please log in to reply
874 replies to this topic

#741 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

We were dating for 2 years and 2 months when we got engaged. We've now been engaged for over a year, and we'll have been together almost exactly 4.5 years when we get married. 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#742 ashk

ashk
    • 100 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Officially dating for 5 yrs, 1 month (we got engaged on our delayed 5th anniversary). We knew each other for about 4 years before we started dating - our first official date was actually my grandparents' 50th anniversary party :)

We'll have been together for almost 6 1/2 years when we're married!

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#743 ashk

ashk
      • 100 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Who else put off serious thoughts of engagement & wedding until you were finished school and/or had steady jobs?

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#744 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ashk 

Who else put off serious thoughts of engagement & wedding until you were finished school and/or had steady jobs?

Lots of people do that. We got engaged while he was still in school, but didn't set the date until after he would be done... hence a 2 year engagement.

#745 uhura526

uhura526
          • 330 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

We were together 2.5 years when he proposed and we'll be together 3.5 years by the time we get married

#746 Loreal30

Loreal30
            • 234 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

We've been together over 7 years, when we marry, it will be 8. We wanted to wait until we were both graduated University etc...

#747 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
              • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jaimeburns 

10.5 years....yikes. I was 19 when we met and going to turn 30 this year. I have really grown up with him. Long distance for 7 of the 10 years, and its finally time. Luckely neither of us felt like we needed to be married because it was the next step and ignored all the people who were constantly pressuring us. For the last 5 years all I have heard from people is "why aren't you guys married yet" or "when are you going to get married" or "do you guys not believe in marriage" I was so tired of hearing that!! Now I fianlly have an answer. The timeing is finally right and all those people can be quiet now!!! :-)

I'm right with you! My fiance proposed on our 10 year anniversary, and we will be married on our 12 year anniversary!

All the background chatter, of when will you do it, was becoming quite loud!

#748 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
                • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by cruisebride13 

We are high school sweethearts and we will celebrate 10 years together right before we celebrate our 1st anniversary :) Our families have been pushing for this wedding for years!!! only 5 more months <3

aww we are high school sweethearts too! However, I had to wait until our 10 year anniversary before I got the ring... and we'll have been together for 12 years on the day we get married! Just insane!

When we got engaged, my Mom sent out an email to her friends with the headline "10 years in the making", and it has now become our tagline haha.

#749 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
                  • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

We are high school sweethearts. He proposed on our 10 year anniversary. We will be getting married on September 18th, 2014.... on our 12 year anniversary! Geez, talk about waiting forever!

My mom entitled her email to her friends "10 years in the making" when she told them all about us getting engaged. That seems to have stuck, and is now our engagement tagline

We have been best friends since grade 9, so by the time we get married, I will have known him for over 16 years! Just insane...almost at the point of knowing him and his family longer than we haven't!

Congrats to all the newly engaged! And best wishes to those getting married in 2013 and 2014 and onwards! xoxo!

#750 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
                    • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

We dated for over 12 years before getting engaged and it will be just over 13 years when we get married.  People would ask us all the time when we were going to get married (heck my father even made a joke about it during his speech when my older brother got married 2 summers ago) but my answer (jokingly) was usually that i wanted to keep my options open or i wasn't really sure yet - I found that shut people up pretty quickly ;) 

Finally, someone that has me beat! I thought I was all alone in the over 10 years of dating, over 12 years at getting married pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users