Sign in to follow this  
cancun1007

timelines for planning

I have seen tons of "checklists" broke down by months for planning and leading up to the big day.... but they just do not seem to "fit" with a DW... do any of you gals have one that does... it seems like I am forgetting some serious stuff lately and I want to be sure I do not forget anything...

TIA for any help along the way...

Thats a good question. I found this checklist maybe it will help!

6 Months to a Year Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Decide on a wedding budget

___ Find your wedding style

___ Announce your engagement

___ Choose a wedding date

___ Choose a wedding location

___ Research the location, including using online resources, renting books from the library, purchasing books, talking to the local tourist bureau, and talking to friends and family who have been there. Ask resorts for "package deal information", special honeymoon/destination wedding offers, and other informative literature.

___ Look into marriage license requirements, and confirm them with the local tourist board

___ Find a local wedding coordinator – resorts often have someone on staff or you may be able to find someone through the tourist bureau.

___ Put together a wedding guest list

___ Send "Save the Date" cards

___ Follow up with guests by phone to get a general head count

___ If you want a traditional wedding dress, find it now

___ Start considering the groom's attire

___ Start considering the wedding party's attire

___ Obtain necessary legal documents, including, if necessary, passports, divorce certificates, visas, identification, birth certificates, notarized declarations of never having been married.

___ Consider your Bridal Beauty

4 to 6 Months Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Work with your wedding coordinator to find a wedding florist, musicians, wedding photographer and wedding officiant. You may also want to find a hairstylist, makeup artist, and/or nail salon.

___ Decide on your wedding menu

___ Finalize wedding ceremony and reception details, arrange for signed contracts to be sent to you.

___ Order wedding invitations

___ Register for wedding gifts

___ Buy wedding rings. Consider having your wedding rings engraved.

___ Buy your plane tickets

___ Negotiate discounts with airlines and hotels

___ Create and distribute a wedding website or newsletter to share travel and wedding information

___ Finalize the groom's attire

___ Write and order your wedding invitations

2 to 4 Months Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Mail your wedding invitations

___ Begin choosing or writing your wedding vows

___ Shop for shoes and other accessories

___ Make sure all of the wedding party and other essential people have made their travel arrangements

___ Finalize the bridal party attiref

1 to 2 Months Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Order wedding favors and gifts

___ Have your final dress fitting

___ Shop for vacation wear, including swimsuit(s), a rehearsal dinner outfit, sun protection

2 Weeks Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Confirm all details with hotel, chef or caterer, florist, photographer, officiant, musicians and/or DJ, and others involved in the wedding

___ Arrange guest seating, if necessary

___ Assemble favors and/or welcome bags

Upon Arrival

___ Apply for a marriage license

___ Meet with your wedding coordinator

___ Meet with your officiant

___ Visit the ceremony site

___ Distribute welcome bags to guests' rooms

___ Go over last minute details

___ Relax!

Your Wedding Day

___ Do your best to relax, enjoy yourselves, focus on each other, and have fun with your friends and family.

There are a couple things in the timeline I would do differently though. Like book the photographer is in the 4 6month range when I think it should be the first vendor you book after booking the location and the date in the 6-12month range. And I also think that sending the invitations should be moved from the 2-4 month range into the 4-6month range. But at least this can give you some what of a guideline.

like they said above- i sort of made my own based on ones in the magazines and off the knot. one tip- the sooner you book vendors the better it is! good luck and happy planning!

THANK YOU! Now to print off the two of them and see how off base we are at this point... I will update as soon as I finish my happy dancebunny_4.gif or stop beating myself up for dragging my feetsmile105.gif