timelines for planning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cancun1007

cancun1007
  • Banned
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:39 AM

I have seen tons of "checklists" broke down by months for planning and leading up to the big day.... but they just do not seem to "fit" with a DW... do any of you gals have one that does... it seems like I am forgetting some serious stuff lately and I want to be sure I do not forget anything...

TIA for any help along the way...
    [SIGPIC][/sigpic]
    T minus 9 months and counting....

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

I use the knot for a checklist, and I made a small one on what I still need to complete. Have you been on the knot yet?

#3 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:29 AM

Thats a good question. I found this checklist maybe it will help!

6 Months to a Year Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Decide on a wedding budget
        ___ Find your wedding style
        ___ Announce your engagement
        ___ Choose a wedding date
        ___ Choose a wedding location
        ___ Research the location, including using online resources, renting books from the library, purchasing books, talking to the local tourist bureau, and talking to friends and family who have been there. Ask resorts for "package deal information", special honeymoon/destination wedding offers, and other informative literature.
        ___ Look into marriage license requirements, and confirm them with the local tourist board
        ___ Find a local wedding coordinator – resorts often have someone on staff or you may be able to find someone through the tourist bureau.
        ___ Put together a wedding guest list
        ___ Send "Save the Date" cards
        ___ Follow up with guests by phone to get a general head count
        ___ If you want a traditional
        wedding dress, find it now
        ___ Start considering the
        groom's attire
        ___ Start considering the wedding party's attire
        ___ Obtain necessary legal documents, including, if necessary, passports, divorce certificates, visas, identification, birth certificates, notarized declarations of never having been married.
        ___ Consider your
        Bridal Beauty

4 to 6 Months Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Work with your wedding coordinator to find a wedding florist, musicians, wedding photographer and wedding officiant. You may also want to find a hairstylist, makeup artist, and/or nail salon.
        ___ Decide on your
        wedding menu
        ___ Finalize
        wedding ceremony and reception details, arrange for signed contracts to be sent to you.
        ___ Order
        wedding invitations
        ___
        Register for wedding gifts
        ___ Buy
        wedding rings. Consider having your wedding rings engraved.
        ___ Buy your plane tickets
        ___ Negotiate discounts with airlines and hotels
        ___ Create and distribute a wedding website or newsletter to share travel and wedding information
        ___ Finalize the
        groom's attire
        ___ Write and order your wedding invitations

2 to 4 Months Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Mail your wedding invitations
        ___ Begin choosing or writing your
        wedding vows
        ___ Shop for
        shoes and other accessories
        ___ Make sure all of the wedding party and other essential people have made their travel arrangements
        ___ Finalize the bridal party attiref

1 to 2 Months Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Order wedding favors and gifts
        ___ Have your final dress fitting
        ___ Shop for vacation wear, including swimsuit(s), a rehearsal dinner outfit, sun protection

2 Weeks Before Your Destination Wedding

___ Confirm all details with hotel, chef or caterer, florist, photographer, officiant, musicians and/or DJ, and others involved in the wedding
        ___ Arrange guest seating, if necessary
        ___ Assemble favors and/or
        welcome bags

Upon Arrival

___ Apply for a marriage license
        ___ Meet with your wedding coordinator
        ___ Meet with your officiant
        ___ Visit the ceremony site
        ___ Distribute welcome bags to guests' rooms
        ___ Go over last minute details
        ___ Relax!

Your Wedding Day

___ Do your best to relax, enjoy yourselves, focus on each other, and have fun with your friends and family.

There are a couple things in the timeline I would do differently though. Like book the photographer is in the 4 6month range when I think it should be the first vendor you book after booking the location and the date in the 6-12month range. And I also think that sending the invitations should be moved from the 2-4 month range into the 4-6month range. But at least this can give you some what of a guideline.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#4 NHPT

NHPT
        • 3,848 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

like they said above- i sort of made my own based on ones in the magazines and off the knot. one tip- the sooner you book vendors the better it is! good luck and happy planning!
          Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

i posted this one on the main site

http://bestdestinati...m/checklist.htm

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 cancun1007

cancun1007
          • Banned
          • 60 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

THANK YOU! Now to print off the two of them and see how off base we are at this point... I will update as soon as I finish my happy dance or stop beating myself up for dragging my feet
            [SIGPIC][/sigpic]
            T minus 9 months and counting....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users