!Ohla! Newbie Post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tifNrog

tifNrog
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:17 AM

!Ohla!
    I am feeling some stress now that my wedding is approaching (3 months). I have a busy career and it seems like the stress is taking some fun out of being engaged and wedding planning. It is supposed to be fun right?

I became engaged in September, and after waiting 7 years (yes 7) I did not want to wait much longer so I decided on April 21, 2007. We visit Mexico quite often and have picked our favorite spot Las Caletes - a beach hideaway in Puerto Vallarto Mexico. I had a small wedding in mind and now 55 people are booked with travel arrangements and I have not even sent out invitations yet, beware - the save the date cards really work! This is actually a good thing although I make it sound I have 20 people on my list that I have no idea about WHO ARE THEY??

A great site to use if your just getting started for your accomodations is DestinationWeddings.com - Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ITS FREE & My wedding travel coordinator is awesome. Saving us $ left & right. Message me if you want more info or to see my pages..
    Buying my dress a couple days ago relieved tons of stress. Now I am doing a custom invitation and I think I am going to choose ww.messageinabottle.com. They are not the cheapest out there but so far they have been the most responsive.

Wow, this board may be what I need. I already feel better after that little vent session . How do I sent a member a private message? Ana is having her wedding at the same location as I am, so we have lots to chat about..
    TifNRog

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

Hi and welcome! Congrats on doing so much already. And do not stress you should be able to enjoy this. Las Caletas is beautiful and if you talk to Ann I am sure you can both help each other. If you go to the top right where the welcome sign is, you will see that it says PRIVATE MESSAGES. Click on that and then you go to SEND NEW MESSAGES on the left hand side and type in Ann's name AKH and whoila you have your message. Good luck with everything and let us know how we can help.

-Glenda

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:26 AM

destinationweddings.com has not been that helpful to most of the members on here that were using them. i guess you got lucky.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 tifNrog

tifNrog
      • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        destinationweddings.com has not been that helpful to most of the members on here that were using them. i guess you got lucky.
        Wow, do I dare ask why? Well now I have to know.. WHY? Please let me know and thank you for your post.
        TifNRog

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:45 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tifNrog
        Wow, do I dare ask why? Well now I have to know.. WHY? Please let me know and thank you for your post.

oh gosh, i will try to explain but hubby has started our movie...i swear i am not purposely trying to be suspenseful.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

welcome welcome welcome!! i am so glad to see another Las Caletas bride on here! I think you're the 4th ... and we have 2 of them getting married in January - so make sure you stick around to hear all about it when they get back! I am getting married on June 8th - but I haven't really started many of the details yet. What are you doing for decorations on the table? What about music? I have so many questions!

What dress did you buy - I can't wait to see a picture!

Ok, I will stop babbling ... let us know if we can help you at all! There are a ton of brides on here, some already married, and they can help with just about anything!

#7 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

Welcome Welcome! We cant wait to read and see more! OH my I cant believe there are 20 people going that you dont really know! YIKES!
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 mexico15

mexico15
            • 250 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

Welcome! Thanks for your message, hope we get a chance to chat more.

#9 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

How exciting...you are getting so close. I promise you this forum will help to alleviate all those last little minute questions as everyone is incredibly helpful. It sounds like your wedding planning is going well, let us know if there is anything we can specifically do for you...
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users