OOT bag deliema...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dbld78

Dbld78
  • Banned
  • 665 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

Here's my deliema, we are having our wedding in Charleston and we are inviting 100 guests, we expect about 75 to come. Unlike some of the destination weddings ours is not at an all inclusive resort, our guests will be staying between several different hotels and one resort island. I really want to provide our guests with OOT bags to welcome them to the wedding and to Charleston but we are spending roughly at this point $25,000 on our wedding. Which I am more than fine with but I don't have much left in the budget to devote to the OOT bags.

I really need some cute ideas for 100 guests.....since our wedding is on Halloween we are having a candy buffet for a "trick or treat" effect, so the guests will be getting a favor at our wedding. But I LOVE all the cute little things you've all done with your OOT bags. Someone PLEASE help me! If anyone has some awesome vendors and ideas for CHEAP OOT bag things. I don't want these to look cheap I just can't spend a lot of money at this point!

HELP PLEASE! This is starting to stress me out!

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

You can get those cheap trick or treat plastic bags. Oriental trading is a great place to get a bunch of stuff that is cheap. You also only need to do one bag per room/ couple. So 75 guests is more like 38 bags.

#3 Dbld78

Dbld78
      • Banned
      • 665 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

GOOD idea Morgan! I could do the trick or treat bags.....yeah that is true I will have to cut it in half so that will help too! It's just SOOO frustrating.....

Thanks for the great idea!

#4 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
        • 716 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

You could also do cute Charleston-themed stuff or local items. The resort may be able to give you pamphlets, maps, etc. that you can include as well.

#5 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

Paper Mart Packaging Store has inexpensive shopping bags in all different sizes and colors.

You can decorate the bags with stickers by Zazzle custom t-shirts and more, create or shop for unique designs shipped in 24 hours.

Do you have a logo for your wedding? You can put the logo on the stickers. If not, you can have your stickers say, "Welcome to Charleston." Or "Welcome to our wedding."

Then definitely fill them with Charleston items (shot glasses, stamped postcards, refrigerator magnet, etc) and some water, Halloween candy, guide book, etc. - so cute!!!

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

what about baking some homemade Halloween cookies in the shape of your initials or tie it into the wedding and do a little box with a note about them being homemade, etc., a welcome letter, itinerary and map

#7 Dbld78

Dbld78
              • Banned
              • 665 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                what about baking some homemade Halloween cookies in the shape of your initials or tie it into the wedding and do a little box with a note about them being homemade, etc., a welcome letter, itinerary and map
                That's great! We'll be there a week before the wedding with one of my bridesmaids so that's totally something we can do.....

Great idea.....and cheap!

Thanks!

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  I love this idea! So cute.

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                  • 2,183 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

I love this place! They have amazing bags for a great price. You could get some orange or black. I'm not sure what you can include. However, you could come up with your own wedding drink and include that recipe in the bag.

[QUOTE=NYJen;293026]Paper Mart Packaging Store has inexpensive shopping bags in all different sizes and colors.

#10 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

My cousin got married in St.Louis- not a DW but we traveled 6 hrs to get there and they had simple, very nice gift bags with a candy apple from there favorite sweet place and some maps/things to do/etc, I was so happy that they made us those and it really was a nice gesture - so I don't think you need to spend a bunch of $$ just a little simple thing to let them know you are happy they are there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users