reception ideas

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cole5worm
    I am trying to have mine the weekend after we get back. My friend got married in Jamacia and had her rec. 3 weeks latter. It felt like her wedding dragged on and on. I am renting a hall and making it a mexican theme. I am making the food. taco and burrito bar with salsa, cheese dip, and 7 layer dip. I am going to rent a DJ and Cash bar. I might rent a Margraretta Sp? machine too.. adn my decerations will be simple and cheep!

I agree that it's nice to have it as close as possible to the DW as possible. I wanted to but were going on our honeymoon right after our DW wedding and then two of my cousins are getting married the following weeks.
    Anthony & Angela
    19 June 2008

#12 Cole5worm

• 371 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

Wow you are going to be a busy Bee!!!

#13 Aimless911

• 391 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Lots of busy bees!!!

I wasn't sure if waiting one month after we got back from our DW was going to be enough time to recoup before the big reception at home! hahahahaha I think my blood pressure increased reading those of you having it just a day or two after you get back! hahahahaha

We rented a reception facility and having it catered and with a DJ.

#14 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

A friend of mine had hers at a neighborhood bar and they served pizza, beer and wine. It was perfect... very casual.

#15 Cole5worm

• 371 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

My FI wanted to do that but there is not really any "cool" bars where I live.. I will be having a lot of my College girls come down and you know we are going to want to boggy it up on the dance floor! So i opted for a rec. hall and a DJ! Our own bar/party!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users